1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Visitors Visa for parents from India to Canada

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by Rakhii, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear All, my parents are planning on visiting us (my husband and I) in August 2011 for 3 weeks. I am intending to send them the below documents from my side. Please can someone take a look and advice me if I am missing anything? I would greatly appreciate your help! FYI, I am a <acronym title="Page Ranking">PR</acronym> and my husband is a citizen.

1. Letter of invitation by me and by my husband.
    2. Copy of my <acronym title="Page Ranking">PR</acronym> card, my passport copy, my husbands passport copy
    3. T4 statements of my husband and mine.
    4. Both our employment letters
    5. Bank statements.

Am I missing anything?

Also, they are applying for multiple entry, is it too early to apply for visitors visa if they are planning on coming only in August 2011?

Another question is, do they need to book an appointment in Hyderabad when they go to apply for visa?

Thanks!

2. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

Documents list, that sounds about right but I am replying about your other question.

They don't have to go to any place to get a visa. They can mail the documents to Delhi. Many travel agents help out with this.

Yes, it is too early, because they don't always give it for 5 years multiple entry even if you apply and pay for it. They may give it only for 6 months and even if you request a later start date, they give it starting the day of or the day after visa stamping. I wouldn't risk it. It comes back in less than a week, in my experience. So, why take the chance!