Visiting PIL house during pregnancy

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by swathik22, Jul 15, 2013.

1. swathik22

swathik22 Junior IL'ite

Hi friends,

I am now 7 months pregnant. Till now I have not visited my mom's or inlaws place. I am staying wid my DH. According to the customs, I have to visit inlaws place and then only go to my mother's place.

But my inlaws are telling me that i can't stay at their home in 8th month because it will be my first visit after i got pregnant. So they are asking me to travel in 9th month and come to their home. Is it true? Can't I stay in inlaws place during 8th month? Did any one come across this custom anytime?

I am little scared to travel after 9th month as they tell it is risky to travel in 9th month. So pls let me know if there is any such kind of custom of not visiting inlaws for the first time during 8th month of pregnancy?

2. superwoman09

superwoman09 Gold IL'ite

Hi Swathik22

I do not know about any particular custom of not visiting in-laws during 8th month of pregnancy but travel in 8th month anywhere is not recommended since it is said that if delivery happens in eighth month it is not good. If possible try to postpone till the start of the ninth month. If not try going there in the seventh month itself. Just my 2cents.

3. malaswami

malaswami Platinum IL'ite

Depends on customs and rituals one follow based on geographical position of living....
    If that is the custom in your family, you can well proceed....

But take care of health first and decide other things please..
    GOD bless you a good and healthy delivery of baby