Visiting Lucerne - Travelling tips please!

Discussion in 'Indians in Switzerland' started by manmeen, Sep 24, 2008.

1. manmeen

manmeen New IL'ite

hi all

i m going to lucern in the end of month sep. can anybody what should i pack for my travelling.

thanks

2. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

HI Manmeen:

A warm welcome to Indusladies.

Haven't been to Switzerland myself but found some info on tripadvisor. Have a look and hope you get hold of information that you want.

Lucerne: Weather & When to Go - TripAdvisor

Have a good trip.

Sindhu

3. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Manmeen,

As Sindhu suggested , tripadvisor is the best place to look at where you can find relevant information on place, climate & food.

Having been to Lucerne all I can tell you is ,it is a picturesque city and will provide you with photos galore.Please don't forget to carry a good camera which is capable of taking good shots in the night as I could not capture the city in the night with my camera.

Since I visited Swiss in December, the city looked very ravishing in the night adorned with lights and every street flanked with shops selling trinkets to diamonds.You need to carry warm clothing as it is going to be very cold even now.December was peak season and so we had to trundle the snow laden roads with heavy jackets and boots.If you are travelling next month I reckon it is still going to be cold and be well equipped to battle the cold.

When it comes to shopping you will find several shops in the city selling souvenirs , swiss watches , chocolates etc .Have a nice time and enjoy your trip.

4. manmeen

manmeen New IL'ite

Hi:)

thanks for ur information. can u tell me in switzerland train drinking water is available. otherwise i have to carry it for my daughter.

can u advise me some veg eating joints in lucern.

i m really worried abt cold as we are living where it is quite hot these days. last yr we went to paris in nov. but i think this place will be colder than that. shall i take my long boot.

will it be raining over there:coffee

5. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Manmeen ,

It is advisable to take long boots and ample winter wear.I am not sure of the weather conditions in Sep/Oct if it rains but Nov/Dec it snows everywhere.I did a quick googling and found out about this restaurant

http://www.kanchi.ch/index-eng.htm which serves Indian food but it is not a pure vegetarian hotel.I shall check with few of friends who have been to Lucerne and find out if they know of any good Indian vegetarian restaurants.

-Sabitha K

6. manmeen

manmeen New IL'ite

hi:)

thanks for ur info. if u can collect more info it will be nice. i will stay in hotel des balances in lucern. we make it as a base.

my daughter is very naughty and through so many tantarums , i hope she like the train journey. do you know is drinking water is available in the trains. otherwise i have to carry it for her.

looking for ur reply. we will leave on 27th sep for zurich.:)

7. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Manmeen,

I checked with my friends but unfortunately no one has any information if drinking water is available in train so I would advice you to carry a bottle of water just in case.Most of them dined in the local restaurants so not sure of the Indian veg restaurants in Lucerne. I am sorry but I can't be of much help in this aspect.

-Sabitha K