Visiting london for 2 weeks

Discussion in 'Indians in London' started by dipen, Apr 24, 2007.

1. dipen

dipen New IL'ite

hi
    I m dipen and I m currently in delhi .. I hope u all r enjoying ur time in india or london .. I cam here coz I wanted some information regarding visa to london .. I would wanna visit london for 2 weeks and I m currently a student, So is there any complication in getting a visa ? I would want a tourist visa !!
    I have heard UK and US visa officials are really paranoid about anyone gettin in their country .. So I thought it would be better to take some advice from people who have gone through the process before ..
    So if u have any suggestions .. then please let me know !!
    And yehh I have a friend in UK who can write a letter of recommendation for me for officials to see .. Will it be of any help ?

Any help is appreciated ...
    thanks

2. sravugarimella

sravugarimella New IL'ite

Hi Dipen,

I think you have chosen the correct time to visit UK as its summer here and its gorgeous.

Coming to your Visa, I am not sure if you are coming on a visitors visa which is for 6 months or Tourist visa.

But if you are on a visitors visa, Make sure that you get a invitation letter from your friend to prove that they can provide accomodation to you (if you are styaing with them) without a problem. Also make sure you provide all the documents to show that you are financially strong with your bank statements or so.. I will let you know if I can think of something else.

Have a nice trip to UK. Take care..

3. dipen

dipen New IL'ite

hi sravanthi ..
    thanks for replying .. I really dont mind what kind of visa i get untill and unless it gets me to UK .. According to u which kind of visa is easy to get ? Tourist or visitors .. I would take my guess on tourist but plz let me know ..
    And yehh what would u call a strong bank balance ? I mean I m a student myself, 21 yrs old .. I have a bank account but how much do they expect in my account to consider it as a strong bank balance ?

Waiting for ur reply ..
    Dipen

4. sravugarimella

sravugarimella New IL'ite

Dipen,

As per my knowledge, I am assuming that both Tourist and visitors visa are the same. It lasts for 6 months, Lets see if any other IL's will shed some light on it.

Basically the embassy people just want to make sure that you wont be dependent on any of public funds when you come over to UK. So they expect to see that you are financially strong or else someone is sponsoring you for your trip. I cant really say how much amount will be good amount as you are a student. I guess you can take help of you parents here!!

I had my grandmother visiting me last year, so we provided our tenancy agreement to show that we can provide her accomodation, A invitation letter stating that she is coming over for a family visit and as we both are working provided them with our payslips. She got her visa in 2 days without any problem.

Hope this helps:)

5. Vishana

Vishana New IL'ite

Hello Dipen,

You can receive a visitor's visa for any length of period, even more than 1 year but you are not supposed to stay in the UK for more than 6 months at any 1 time.

You also need a letter from your friend confirming where you will be staying and yes, proof that you are financially able to support yourself here (bank statements/payslips).

That's about it, providing you got no criminal record, you are set to go!

Hope this helps,
    Vish:wave