Vishnu temples

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by Blossom, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Blossom

Blossom New IL'ite

I am currently staying in Mogappair, Chennai. I would want to know the list of Ramar kovil in chennai so that i can visit the nearest temple on Rama Navami.

Pls. let me know..

Thanks!

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: Ramar Kovil in chennai

Triplicane - Sri Parthasarathy Temple

Thiruneermalai Sri Neervarna Perumal Temple.
    This Temple is situated in Chengulpet District. We can reach the temple by travelling around 4 Kms from Pallavaram Railway Station, which is about 7 Kms from Chennai

Amijikarai- Sri Prasanna Varadha rajar perumal koil

Nanganallur - Sri Anjayaneyar temple. ::Welcome to Anjaneyaswami.com, Nanganallur Anjaneya Temple, Chennai Anjaneya Temple, Anjaneyaswami, Donations, Anjaneya Seva::

T-Nagar- Shiva vishnu temple.

Besant Nagar- Ananta Padmanabha Swamy Temple

Tambaram Sanitorium - Ramanjaneyar temple.

Pozhichallur - Sri Ramaanjaneyar Temple.

Ramanavami - is celebrated grandly at Ayodhya mandapam, west mambalam.

Siru Tirupati- 3rd main road, adj shanthi colony, anna nagar.

Soumiya Damodara Perumal - Villivakkam

The list is endless,

I am starting with a few... hope other chennaites will add more...

Love,
    shanthi

3. Blossom

Blossom New IL'ite

Thanks for the timely information.

4. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

dear shanthi,
    thanx for posting this info..after 2 yrs i saw our anjaneyar temple in nanganallur which is near to my house,i felt happy...also i remembered abt the places in chennai..:icon_frown:

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi vivbass,

I can understand the feeling. will say hai to anjaneyar on your behalf. leaving today. i am also from nanganallur/ullagaram. Now there are more temples in nanganallur/keelkattalai/madipakkam areas. no dirth of temples in our areas which is aptly called temple town nowadays...:2thumbsup:

love,
    shanthi.

6. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

hello shanthi,
    thanx for conveying my hi to anji' hehehehe :mrgreen: pet name for anjaneyar...after 2 months i'lll get a chance to meet him...v r going back to india.

7. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Sri Lakshminarayan Temple

Sri Lakshminarayan temple at Pallikaranai

Pallikaranai is a beautiful village located at <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:Street><st1:address>Tambaram Velacheri Main Road</st1:address></st1:Street>. The temple is more than 700 to 800 years old. There was only Sri Lakshminarayana Perumal sannadhi. Moolavar Lakshminarayan is very beautiful, holding Sri Laksmi with His left hand placing Her at His lap. In the walls of the temple there are inscriptions that show the temple was built during the rule of Chera, Choza, Pandyas. On the roof of the temple there Is a fish symbol and some inscription. If the Archeological department take some initiative, perhaps they could find out more information. There is a tall Deepa sthambam in front of the temple with Garuda, Anjaneya, sangu chakram and some inscription upon it. During Thiru Karthigai and some other festival days the lamp is lighted on the Sthamba. Sri Vaishnava acharyas Sri Ramanujar Sri Manavalamamunikal also were installed in the temple. Due to financial problem nithya puja was performed with much difficulty.
    In 2005 we, the residents of Pallikaranai took initiative to form a trust and run the temple. Sri Prasanna Venkatesar, Sri Sanguchakra Veerasakthi Kubera Anjaneyar, Sri Kothandaramar and Sri Garaudazvar were installed and Samprokshanam was performed according to agama sastras. Now the residents had formed, “ Sri Laksminarayana Perumal Koil Thiruppani Kuzhu” and are trying their best to run the temple.
    Special pujas are performed during Tamil and English New year days, on Sri Ramanavami, Panguni Uthiram, Sri Ramanuja Jeyanthi, Sri Manavala Maunikal Sarrumurai, Thiru Karthigai, Dhanur masam, Vaikunta Ekadasi, Purattasi Saturdays, Hanumath Jeyanthi and other festival days. There is a proposal to have annadhanam and also to build the compound wall. We do hope that devotees will come forward to help us for this noble cause. Instead of building new temples, it is great to help to run an existing temple.

Sarvey Jano Sukino Bhavanthu!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 7, 2007
  8. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends
    There is a temple called Nachiyar kovil about 10 kms from Kumbakonam.There the goddess is given more importance.There is also a Garudar sannadhi there made out of salagrama stone.
    Unique thing about this Garuda is when he is taken out on a procession the number people carrying is four.Then the number increases to 14 ,then when he move into the next praharam it becomes32 .,then when moves further the no of people will be 64.Finally when the idol comes onto the road the number is 148.At this juncture you can really see Garudar sweating.When the procession is over the number of people carrying the idol comes in the descending order.When idol reaches its original place we have only 4 people carrying the Lord.
    The Garuda Bhagavan is supposed to be very powerful here.If you visit him on sunday all health problems will vanish in no time.on monday it is for family welfare ,on Tuesday it is for courage and bravery,on Wednesday you will be rid of evil forces and on Thursdays if you worship him all thoshas will be removed.On Friday it is for wealth and on Saturday it is for studies we should be worshipping him.May the Lord bless you all.This one of the 108 divya deshams.It is 21st of the 40 divya deshams where alwars have sung hymns.

3 people like this.
  9. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Re: Sri Lakshminarayan Temple

Hi pushpavalli,
    Thanks for giving info abt the temple.Good.You have given a short and crisp information.As i am staying in velachery i will try to make a visit to the temple.
    Thank you once again.:2thumbsup:

1 person likes this.
  10. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Re: Sri Lakshminarayan Temple

Dear Bhargavi,
    I will be glad to meet you at the temple when you visit the temple. The temple will be open from 8 to 10 in the morning and 5.30 to 7.30 in the evening. But I will be out of stn for 3days from today (29 th to 31st.) You could send me a pm just a day or two when you intend to come.
    Regards,
    Pushpavalli