1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Virgin Apple Plucked

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by Thyagarajan, Jun 20, 2023.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan Finest Post Winner

VIRGIN APPLE PLUCKED

umaakumar likes this.

2. umaakumar

umaakumar Gold IL'ite

Dear Sir

Robots are there for every job now.
    In villages where paddy is sown, robots are doing the replanting. No women can be seen bending over in the wet soil replanting.
    When it comes to harvesting the same paddy, they have harvesters which harvest, pack and the dried paddy plants are packed tight in rectangular piles.
    The farmers say this is cheaper than employing people and faster. This is considering our fields are small the work gets done in a day
    I use to regularly watch a series on TV (don't remember the name now), where they show these amazing machines. In one episode he showed a harvester which can harvest a ton of wheat in one hour. Truly amazing.

Regards
    Uma

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan Finest Post Winner

With population increase in geometrical proportion, mouths to feed also has gone up exponentially and naturally Machines invented to speed up the work and production as well.
    But it has replaced manual jobs in agriculture resulting exodus of labourers from fields to urban cities where they manage to get good money regular income by working for real estate business men engaged in huge constructions.
    But then despite mechanisation the produce are sold at phenomenol rates and at the same time farmers are seen throwing fruits and vegetables on the road!

I happen to study books on design of agricultural implements when I had the opportunity of getting interviewed by Padmasri Ms Mallika Srinivasan*- chairperson and CEO of TAFE ( Tractors & Farm Equipments) Chennai. Many years later i happen to be waiting at reception of her corporate office for meeting my class mate who was divisional mangaer then in TAFE.
    She happen to pass by but instantly recognised and enquired about my welfare.
    upload_2023-6-23_21-18-10.jpeg
    Great learning every moment from every person. Humble and unassuming.
    Mallika Srinivasan - Wikipedia

Last edited: Jun 23, 2023
    umaakumar likes this.