1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Views Vs FB s

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Deaf woman, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Dear shanvy,
    Is it only the sympathy factor, though i don't rule it out completely, there is also a feel good factor along with I can relate to what you are writing about factor. many a times, there are blogs that get nominated by a person for the relate to factor too.
    You raised a pertinent point there.We do reply to blogs if we can relate them to our life.
    And one more reason, i heard from a very close friend here, if i give a fb to you, another x will get angry that i did not give one to her blog, so it is better, that i stay silent..(I am sure many are sailing in the same boat..)
    OMG, never knew giving FBs is considered serious like this.
    But at the same, let me tell all my friends, a blogger/writer big or small thrives only from the comments, and a little acknowledgment. as i always say, even if somebody else has given a comment which is exactly the same as you would have wanted to say, it is not a problem at all..go ahead and say the same. it is definitely going to make somebody's day.
    Sure from now on i will keep your advise in mind and start showing my appreciation whenver i feel like it.
    Getting this kind of inputs from a senior like you is a blessing for me.My sincere thanks for making the effort ,

2. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear TL
    This is so so true. I am surely one among them who feels diffident to comment and I have to come out of my shell in that aspect. It is so hard
    you know to do that because it has become more an involuntary action for me now. Will surely keep trying. BTW emoticons do help!

I also agree with Shanthi's comment -
    But at the same, let me tell all my friends, a blogger/writer big or small thrives only from the comments, and a little acknowledgment. as i always say, even if somebody else has given a comment which is exactly the same as you would have wanted to say, it is not a problem at all..go ahead and say the same. it is definitely going to make somebody's day.

Another point to keep in mind for me........Thx Vijji for bringing this issue up!!

3. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Hi mindian,
    Glad to see you here.
    to the viewers

fbs do matter and make the writer happy so if possible do give one,even if it is a one liner.
    How true.Will keep it in mind next time i feel inferior to give FB to a literary piece.
    there is always a small group of people at least who are willing to listen to you. make friends and have a fun time.
    I agree .will try my best .
    Thanks a lot for your matter of fact advises.

4. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Dear kamalji,
    what u write is true.I can never understand, why, when a post is good, when someone reads it, why he or she does not post a comment ion it ? what good is it to read if u cannot let the writer know that it is good ?Laziness is no excuse, it does not take much time to write a FB, lesser than what it takes to read the blog.
    I confess to be the one you mentioned here .Let me put forth my reason for not giving FB.Sure its laziness adding to some inferiority complex,more important being i never login when i am reading the posts here.So to give a fb i need to login which takes a little more time and curtails my reading time here.Now don't call me selfish pl.I confess i am.
    Wish i can say as you regarding getting more FBs and writing replies is a drag.
    Thanks for stepping in.

5. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Dear cheeniya sir,
    Its always a pleasure to read you either your FBs or your ramblings.Reading you is an education itself. when it was narrated humourously its a double treat for me.
    According to this theory, you and I exist only because there are people who can observe us.

Applying the same yardstick, a blog too exists only if it is read and commented upon by others!
    Exactly sir,But as you said we can't pressure the readers to do so ,we can only lament .
    We must understand that writing a blog FB is as tough as writing a blog itself. Some may entirely agree with the contents of a blog but may lack the skill to express their appreciation.
    well said.I too feel the same way about giving replies and feel at a loss to measure up.As the saying goes"abhyasam koosu vidya".Wish i will get better with experience.
    Thanks for your valuable inputs and for taking time to visit this thread.
    Regards,

6. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Dear TL,
    Speaking of my own experience, my very first post got exactly one FB. And I'm eternally grateful to Natpudan for coming in to say a word of welcome. Had it not been for that I would have been demoralised and considered quitting. I certainly would not have had the nerve to carry on talking to a wall ! My second post got three. So I was ok .
    Now thatswhat i call a shocker.I thought it only happens to lesser mortals like me but not to a rising star like you.Now i can sleep better knowing even a great blogger like you too experience this.Lacking self confidence is the culprit here i think.Good to see you here,

7. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Dear Iyerviji,
    Thatswhat endears you to most of us here,your simplicity and frank speak.What the others said about not minding about getting many fbs is so true and well worth listening to .
    Regards,

8. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

Dear vijji,
    I always love your positive attitude. :thumbsup We are here mainly to relax us. Here, in snippets , hardly we can see 20 threads at a time, in a page. Even if the thread goes to 2nd page, it loses its FB's, until otherwise it is retrieved by someone else. This is also one of the reason for less no. of FB's. But at any cost, please dont stick to no. of FB's you got,. please do write more. All the best. :thumbsup

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear friend,

You have started a good thread. This problem with not getting enough fbs has been discussed before and here we see many members' take on why it is so.

It is true that sometimes we forget to give a fb and another one of the reason is that the fbs already given are so well thought out and so well worded that one feels a hasty one liner may fall short of expectations, expectations from oneself too.

Like Soldier, I too have limited time to spend virtually and that is also the reason I have missed out on blogs. I rarely visit the blog section and it is my loss totally. I always console myself that I will catch up with it one day.
    Besides, if I do read a blog, I feel commenting on just one of the may excellent blogs maybe unfair to the others!! But then, I am realizing more and more that even that one fb must be given and in doing so, I will encourage atleast one blogger and give boost to their enthusiasm!

With so much fine writing going on here, I sometimes feel desperate for not reading as the thought of missing out on something good is only too obvious to me. This must be the case with many many members here. There are only 24 hrs to a day!

All said and done, I try to make it a point to give a fb to any post I read. But by going by the numbers of my posts, you can guess that it is shamefully low!:hide:

I am atleast in an enviable position as the moderator of FP forum as it makes me read some of the excellent posts in our forum. I read all the nominated posts and the feedbacks to them religiously and make it a point to add my two cents to it! But I know that there are many more wonderful posts strewn across our sub-forums that I have missed out on and also those from some of our eminent writers who have opted out of the FP forum which I am yet to catch up with..

All the same, I request all of you who write to continue writing for the sheer magic of it. Please do not feel discouraged by lack of views or feedbacks. Persistence will pay off one day, remember!

L, Kamla

10. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Dear kamla mam,
    Its a pleasure to see you here and with your inputs too.I know its tough for a busy woman like you to give fbs to each and every post .when a nobody like me too has a tough time logging here and giving fbs ,how can a super mod like you can spare it?
    All the same, I request all of you who write to continue writing for the sheer magic of it. Please do not feel discouraged by lack of views or feedbacks. Persistence will pay off one day, remember!
    Well thought out advise mam, will definitely keep it in mind while writing .Thanks and regards,

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010