1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Vidhya, We Miss You!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Varloo, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Vidhya,
    I do not remember you much as a baby, I was only 7 years old when you were born. I did not care much for you, I was busy with my friends and school. When you were a little older, you pestered to be taken along wherever I went. I did not want to and there was a little bitterness then. Even that was very mild only.
    When I was an adolescent, I started loving you, you were very sweet and innocent. I remember that it was me who took you to your new school (which was my old school) when you joined 5<SUP>th</SUP>. I was proud that you are also joining my school, that too in the same section. Then we developed a bonding not only among us, but also our two cousins who were just a little older than you. We four used to be very close.
    Mother used to set aside a quarter cup of curd for you as you were a very poor eater. I feel ashamed that I used to feel jealous of you. You were very puny and so mother did that. I used gobble up anything that was given to me. You were very delicate and petite.
    Once you all were in your teens, I used to fight with mother to get you the dresses you fancied. I also used to stitch the patterns you three wanted. Thus my dress making skill improved well. During Deepavali, the only time we all got new dresses, we 4 used to break our heads to choose our dresses-the model, cloth etc. And I have spent many hours at the machine, getting ready the dream dresses you all wanted.
    You used to say that I taught you the finer things of life. We became closer with each passing day.Only one thing bugged you, your resemblance to me. You were a carbon copy of me, in miniature. Wherever you went you were called Kutty Lekshmy. You used to get irked and would say that you would change your face with plastic surgery when you had enough money.
    I remember the day after my marriage. We were all chatting along with my friends. Suddenly you rushed to the next room, closed the door and we were all shocked to hear you cry. Nobody could understand why and after some time you came out. When confronted, you said that you were sad that I was going away and that you would miss me terribly. Oh, all of us too started to cry then.

2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Time flew. Then disaster struck us in 1995. You were diagnosed with a non treatable heart disease and you did not have much time to live. The whole family was heart broken and did not knew what to do. You were very brave and made us all promise that we will not disclose this to any one except the close family and friends. Of course, our mother was unaware of this bolt from the blue that you are not going to live long.
    We siblings did whatever possible to keep you happy and never mentioned the doctor’s prediction. You lived life to the full those days. We were all hoping and praying that the Doctor above all doctors would have mercy upon us and prolong your life. Sadly it was not to be.
    You left us all crying for ever and ever, on this day 11 years back. We can never stop grieving you; you were such a wonderful sister to all of us. Your sweet smile and pleasant nature won over anyone who met you. One little solace is that 2 persons will be seeing the world with your donated eyes. It was your wish, made to me, that your eyes be donated.
    If you are born again, I pray that you live long and enjoy all that you missed out while you were with us.

WE MISS YOU, DEAR VIDHYA, EVERY DAY, EVERY MINUTE OF OUR LIFE. WE WILL NEVER FORGET YOU. MAY YOUR SOUL REST IN PEACE.

Friends, today is the 10<SUP>th</SUP> death anniversary of my younger sister, the youngest in the joint family. She died at the age of 25 a spinster. Even after knowing that she will live for only may be 2 years, she lived a normal life. She was very brave and never shed even a drop of tear about what she had not experienced in life. She did not want people to sympathize with her and her death was a shock among friends and relatives. Whenever I face problems, I remember her courage and draw my strength, to tide over the difficult times. I wanted to share my sorrow of losing her, with you all. Thank you for hearing me out.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2008
  3. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Varloo
    A very touching tribute you have given in memory of your sister. May God Bless her soul to rest in peace. Thank you for sharing.

4. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

Dear Varloo,

Very touching tribute. Flows straight from the heart.

Sisters are friends for a lifetime. I have sisters too and we sisters unknowingly and silently depend on each other. We never talk about how close we are or how much we mean to each other or how much we love each other - all of this is a given. The undying love and "I will be there for you no matter what" feeling is something that is never to be questioned, never to be talked about but just to be experienced.

So I can understand your pain and the grave loss you feel.

May you sister's soul rest in peace.

And may you always remember her so fondly. You are wonderful sister!

SS

5. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Dear Varloo,

Now I started missing her, too....I really didn't expect that she is gone forever till I came to know there was a second part...The way you explained made me feel I'm in your place...Sharing your grievance...

Love,
    Oviya.

6. meenakrishnan

meenakrishnan Bronze IL'ite

Very touching tribute to a loving sister, Varloo. Your cildhood days, affection, jealousy, dress selection are all nice.I appreciate her will power and eye donation. Sharing your feelings at this time....
    Love
    Meena

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Varloo,

Now we also miss vidhya. a glowing tribute to her. May her soul rest in peace.

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Oh Varloo,

That was so touching.

Wherever Vidhya is, she is there with a smile because she knows that she is dearly missed and what a dear her sister is.

I don't have any more words...

L, Kamla

9. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear AC,
    thanks for sharing my grief. It is not only me, our whole family miss her. We all loved her so much, she was the kadai kutti of our family.

10. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear SS,
    yes, sisters are closer than brothers, may be. Inspite of moving on to another family, we manage to maintain our relations with our family intact.
    Thanks for your support.