1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Vices - Cricketers

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

The Vices – Our cricketers​

The Board has earned a lot of money, so sometimes yr hand itches to give away. I remember there was a time, when the Sharjah matches used to have matches, and they would every year choose 1 indian old cricketer and award him with US $ 50,000/ while Dawood and Co would be watching the matches from the stands, and maybe placing bets too.

And we were ever so greatful then to the Sharjah board, for we were broke. Look how fortune changes hands, today Indian cricket board is the richest in the world and all the world ‘s top cricketers fight with their respective boards , to be given permission to play the Indian IPL, where millions of dollors go to a player, plus the babes and booze and all that.

Well coming to the point now. Now our board announced that they will award all the past cricketers with sums ranging from 25 lakhs to 1.25 crores, like those who have played between
    100 matches and above – 1.25 Crores ( it includes Vengsarkar, Gavaskar,Kapil Dev )
    75 to 100 – 1 crores

And down it goes to a guy who has played just one match – 25 lakhs or so.

Money distributed, everyone is happy, faces gleaming, everyone telling their wives, take out yr knives , let us make a killing at the jeweler, to son, I will buy u this car etc. But God does not let u remain happy for too long eh !

Suddenly a letter comes from the Income Tax Department to the BCCI, that since this is a gift, why not u pay up 30% of the gifted amount as Tax. The board says go ask the players.The players say why should we pay ?

Now the players have appealed to The courts, to let this be counted as a prize, and not as a lottery, for prize money is tax free !!!!!

The board says, how can this be a prize, prizes are one or two or three, u cant have prizes in hundreds. And the stalement continues.

Look at this scenario from kamali;s Angle. What is someone announced to u or to me, that we are giving u 1 crore of Rupess for whatever. You will say ues give me please.

Now suddenly they change their mind and say, sorry we will only give u 70 lakhs , and pay the 30 lakhs as tax on yr behalf to the government. Now would u refuse and play truant and say, either a crore I want , or nothing at all !!!!!!

Here comes the Lobh part, the greed part, once u lay your hands on some money that was not rightfully yours, u don’t want to part with it back to where it should go ? In my case, I would take whatever they give me, for it is a lottery to me, I did not earn it, or deserve it, it was benovalance of someone eh ! I would be graceful to accept anything that comes for free to me, rather than crib.

Look at some examples here of cricketers who really need money.Kapil and Gavaskar types don’t need at all. Ramnath parkar played just 2 tests in the early seventies, stayed in a chawl, worli chawl close to my house, hard up for money, he was driving a scooter when he was hit, and he was in hospital for a long time where he died. His family would surely need and appreciate that 25 lakhs that he would have got.

Kapil and GAvaskar types should give it away to those needy collegues who need that money for their necessities, these guys have so much they don’t know what to do with it. I remember gavaskar had his locker opened at the khar Gymkhana in his absence when he was abroad, as it was getting renovated and papers said a lot of foreign currency came out. The case died a natural death as most cases do these days.

So what will these chaps do with this peanuts of money. But greed want s u take what u can, only u have family, others don’t have eh !

Well well.

The curious caseof Pinki

The athlethe Pinki , a female, participated in games, won medals, and she was living in with a girl, who has complained that Pinki has raped her. A Girl raping a girl eh ! After many examinations too they could not ascertain if she was a male or female, now all of a sudden they have decided she is a male, and she has raped her friend. What was the friend doing all these years, when they were living together. Something went wrong I guess.

One of our fast lady sprinters of the few decades back, I used to find her looks manly too, but who knows who is who.

In our college, which was coed, we were called for being scouts, NCC or something, and a doctor came to our classroom, and gathered the boys, and told them, to one by one strip, and then our privates were touched, I don’t know why, and we were told to pack up. And for pinki going to games, no examination was done ? All this happens in india eh !

We had Diwali puja first time with pundits called from outside, brother had this idea and I was not keen. But surprisingly the pooja was short, and enjoyable, the pundits not greedy at all, and first time I was lost in thought with the lord. It was just lovely, now I know what I have missed all these years eh !prayers and the chanting give u so much peace.

Take care my friends, Have a great Diwali, today my friends their showrroms are close and we are having our afternoon session of cards.Win or lose does not matter, friendship does.

KAMAL MAHTANI

It is written in the holy Books, that husband and wife are like two wheels of a vehicle. If one is punctured or not working, the vehicle wont work.
    Moral of the story – always have a stepney !!!!( a Rakhee Sawant /sunny Leone on the side eh )

A Man ordered for a voice automated car that does anything he tells it to do automatically without any error.
    One day he was home and his wife told him to tell the car to go and pick up the children from school as she was very tired.The man agreed and told the car, go and bring my children from school.
    The car went but did not return in time as expected, they knew something must be wrong.
    Several hours later and no car, the man became apprehensive.He dressed up and was about to go to the police station to lodge a complaint.
    It was then he saw the car coming with an overload of children.The car parked right in front of them and said” these are your children Sir “
    In the car were the landlady’s two daughters,their choir mistress’s two sons, his wife’s best friends daughter,and their neighborur’s two sons.
    The wife got angry and said” Don’t tell me these are your children.”
    The husband asked her calmly “ Can u tell me, why our children are not there in the car !!!!!!!!!

6 people like this.

2. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

kamalji, your post made me lol in the morning..about the pinki case, i am wondering why does it take so long to find out just the gender..think allegations were made sometime around june-july..sick people na..whom to blame, pinki who did this or the concerned authorities who dint do a proper check at the first instance?

1 person likes this.
  3. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Nice post. The last joke was too good

4. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji, Your view is just right about the tax part on players as well as the rich players donating to the poor ones. But unfortunately, as you pointed out, neither will happen.

And I am moved by the prayer and chanting part too. A single moment of fine concentration and a realization is worthier than a lifetime of false devotion, Sir.

And the jokes, as usual, were fabulous.

-rgs

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Susha,

Yes why did not the authorities do the proper checking. i guess in india everything goes eh ! Sad.

Regrds

kamal

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Raji,

Thanks.

kamal

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear RGS,

As we move up in life, we look at at our collegues who were a part of us at one time, and if we see them suffering , in illiness, or in lack of oney for basics, dont u think the richer off can do his or her bit for the collegue.

Yes it was very good really, the sound of the bhajan, it oved e to another world really.

Regards

kamal

8. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Happy Belated Diwali Kamalji.
    Really Sad about the greed that our Indian cricket team players have... I think it was steve waugh who donated all his prize money to some orphanage here in india and comes regularly as a volunteer.. when will our business men and cricketers ever learn to be philanthropic? they are idols for the youth and all we see is GREED.. the biggest joke was after shaking hands with the board Kapil Dev accepting all the monies.. and now that azhar is cleared I wonder what?.. why doesn't the board instead hold camps and academies in rural areas and tap the potntial there why don't they behave generous and promote other sports like football/ hockey/ etc??..
    jokes were good.. especially the last one!!
    Kerman