1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

" Veyil" -a Excellent Film

Discussion in 'Movies' started by ish_nalini, Dec 22, 2006.

1. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

hiii Cini's

Yesterday i went to Abirami and watched the movie "VEYIL"
    Director: Vasantha Balan
    Producer :Great fame 'Shankar'

Comments: Excellent,fantastic,...cant express in words...

About ....: Now-a-days we cant see a movie with whole family,but this comment is breaked by this film...All the scenes will touch our deep soul.....Vasantha Balan is new to cini industry ,but shown his talent as though he directed many films(Congrats!!!)Please go and watch it out in theaters ,dont go for pirated cd's ...U can feel the feelings only inthe theatre.........You will feel a complete satisfaction of watching a film....:wave

Dont forget to post your comments iam waiting

2. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

About Veyil

I was eagerly waiting for the film to be released since the story was plotted with Virudhunagar as background. I saw the film 2 weeks ago and to tell the truth, i am a bit disappointed with Vasantha Balan. After 'Album", the Veyil was shooted with great expectations..big banner and all.
    When we talk about reality..yes there is reality but where can we categorise the movie? Does it belong to art? Entertainment? Any messages? May be I expected too...much. The comedy track was very pathetic and there were too many characters doing nothing. Bhavana just comes and goes..a real pity to waste her talency.
    Apart from my comments, there are many things in this film that needs to be applauded.
    Having grown up in that small town, I really enjoyed many scenes shot there. Especially the duet between Bharath and Bhavana. I went back to my town virtually.
    The story touches on the real incident that happened many many years ago in Virudhunagar and there are many nuances in that film that only an insider could understand well. I doubt very much how the others are going to get connected with the story line.
    Pasupathi's love tragedy is another 'Kadhaikkul Kadhai". A sad love theme, but real. By the end of the film I had no words to say except flashbacking my childhood and explaining the 'Real old incident of Virudhunagar" to my hubby.

I dont mean to offend anybody, but in my view, the film exposes too much in terms of crude reality and NOT suitable for children viewing(especially the 'Veecharivaal" scenes). We went to the theatre here on a working day and obviously occupied by 20 odd people. My son played between the seats the whole 3 hours.lol!

Cheers:wave
    Vijee

3. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

I accept to wat you say dear Abhising!!!

The film is bit violence and unnecessary scenes,i can accept it ...But as a upcoming director showed his talents by squezzing the actor's rearing skills...what i think is all the performers did their job perfect...We cant say that the film is unrealistic ....whats happening in real life is shooted....
    I can understand your expections on film...:cry: ....When we compare to other dramatic nonsence films,with no concept ....I felt some thing that a child has a soft heart (should not bull with them) and we can see in many films the hero will be a land lord with in a single song those are masala films...But in this actor Pasupathi is shown to be a loser(not usual)...
    The thing forced me to watch the film is the commentry given by "Kumudham/Ananda Vikataan"(i am nt sure),usually they wont award more points for non-sense films....:clap

4. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear Nalini

Yes as you mentioned nowadays many films come without a concept at all and this Veyil is definitely better than those.
    And I forgot to mention about the fantastic music and songs in my previous post. Superb songs.

BTW your quote is very nice!!

Cheers:wave
    Vijee

5. vidyasarada

vidyasarada Senior IL'ite

Hi Girls !
    I finally saw Veyyil too. I agree with Nalini that it is a bold and very welcome departure from the usual masalas. I agree with Vijee too that it was rather too brutal for comfort. The director has said that it is partly autobiographical, so naturally,most scenes have a raw reality to them. The actors fit the characters very well. But it looks like the director sat with a collection of well defined character sketches and authentic events but coudn't figure out what to do or how to put them together into a proper film story . The violent climax seems very forced and cinematic.
    However that may be, Pasupathi is B-R-I-L-L-I-A-N-T .He's easily one of the best actors around today. If Virumandi was a revelation, Veyyil has validated the superiority of a Koothu Pattarai training. Its unfortunate that such a superb performer is routinely wasted in roles that only require him to roll his eyes and keep shouting Ai, Ai !:cry:
    VS