1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Very Very tired being a mom ??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by anika987, Oct 5, 2013.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I love my kids.Life is U good.However, I feel like working from dawn to dusk.
    My kids are hyperactive and they are not yet in school.I feel no matter how hard I work,my home is a mess.To top it I look crazy tired and my neighbors irritate me saying " U look so tired.u have lost your glow". worst thing to say that to a mom (though it might be true in my case).

I really need a breather.what do I do?also, how do i look fresh?

thanks.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013

2. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Aruna

i havent understood if this is a beauty query???
    If yes...then i'll move this thread to "beauty" forum.

1 person likes this.
  3. simpleMom

simpleMom Gold IL'ite

Your house will be a mess. Do you have any places in your home that need to be clean for your peace of mind? Kitchen countertop, bathroom etc.? It is not possible to keep the entire home clean but kitchen and bathroom are likely to be more in use with kids. Just keep them clean. Bedroom, living room etc. - leave them as they are.

Leave your kids with your husband and go for a walk or run in nearby gym. You wake up one hour early, cook and clean. You can use this time to do small beauty routines for yourself.

Since your neighbors are poking you, I assume you are living in India. Can you hire maids to help with you house hold chores? Is it possible to have a schedule for your kids and have some predictability for you in a day?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
    2 people like this.
  4. deepthisini

deepthisini Gold IL'ite

Many ladies over here are desperately wanted kids.they used to pray going to doctor,crying getting desp. every time they facing the situation that they don't have kids.
    And the ladies who have kids they r tired of being mom????:confused2:

2 people like this.
  5. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

Very difficult when kids are small. Like someone suggested start going for walks which will give you a break. Make them sleep early so that you can have some conversation with your husband. Go to the parlour for some basic beauty treatments so that you feel good.

Lastly don't give imp to what neighbour's say.

2 people like this.
  6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Deepthi,

everybody is a human being! I did not have my kids easily.i did go through lot of trauma to conceive them.However,each one's family is different.some do not have help and have some other sicknesses which cannot be divulged.hence, we DO get tired.if everyone sees only the positive, the world will be the best place "heaven".Don't u ever get tired of doing some chores?be it office,home etc etc???? don't u never complain?? when u think about ur problems u can also answer yourself seeing the positive.but do u do that always ???no right? I am not here to offend u or insult.apologize if i did that.I just want some help to look fresh and make life better.I am not running away from my problems but want some solution.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
    2 people like this.
  7. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

aruna,
    well,yes,motherhood can be very tiring & the silver lining is that once kids start school you tend to find time for yourself.....and many even feel lonely without kids at home...........

have routine ..........wake up kids on time ,put them for afternoon nap on approximately same time & same for bedtime in night.........plan the snacks & meals well in advance & shop accordingly.............now ,when the kids are still sleeping in morning or afternoon ,plan to do something for yourself & not for house...........browse,sleep,read,watch TV or anything that interest you........give priority to yourself...............in night when kids are sleeping spend time with hubby.........and try to sleep early (as its not without reason sleep is called beauty sleep)
    take your kids with you to parlour or is possible call the beautician at home..........try to use home made facepacks ...take baby out in stroller in evening so that both of you can enjoy outdoor activities.......

have fun along with the child...........play with him,join mom-baby yoga classes or swimming classes or art classes ..........go visit friends/relative with baby.........go window shopping or just down the street to have chaat(or doughnut).......

having child with you is so liberating....you can go anywhere alone with child & no one will frown at your lack of company.....I used to go to art galleries,resturants,street markets or parks in afternoon with my baby & never felt conscious of being without any friend for company.....

8. lucky2

lucky2 Platinum IL'ite

tired of being mom doesnt mean get away from kids..
    aruna..i got throught the same thing years back..!i cant say dont let others let you down beacuse reality sucks and it really put us down..!
    all i can say is dont give up and self grooming really important to boost up our confidence..
    firstly take out time for yourself..either join gym or go for a walk alone..
    have more water..wash your face before going to bet and dab little night cream and you are done ..i recommend soundarya homepathic face cream which gives fresh look ..

1 person likes this.
  9. akanksha999

akanksha999 Silver IL'ite

Ask your husband to watch the kids for half a day every week - it could be weekend or whenever he is free. Use that time to go out of the house, maybe to meet some friends, to the library, to parlour, shopping or whatever you like best.

A little only you time will be a huge stress buster and improve your mood greatly.

Of course motherhood is a lot of hard work, that's why you are fortunate to be a mother and the whole world respects your hard work in bringing up your kids. Feel proud and be strong, they will soon be grown up.

1 person likes this.
  10. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Dear members

This is a public forum so everyone is welcome to express their views,but we must learn to agree to disagree without using harsh words.

Dear OP
    you havent answered me yet.
    I want to know if your query is about how to handle kids at home or is this a beauty related query??
    This would help the members in replying back to you.
    If its only about "how to look fresh" after a tiring day then i would move this to beauty forum where you'll get apt feedback.
    Lets not keep the members guessing.

1 person likes this.