1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Very sad and shocking

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Kamla, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear all,

I was terribly sad and shocked to hear about the deadliest shooting rampage in the Virginia Tech Campus this morning.
    Such mindless rage and actions of just one or two has taken precious lives of so many youngsters, all on the threshold of their budding lives and future. Such a meaningless waste of life, all so futile. My heart goes out for those young people and more so for their stricken parents.
    Let us all pray for them and for peace and sanity in our world.

Words fail me.

L, Kamla

1 person likes this.

2. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Dear Kamla,
    Yes it was indeed shocking to read about this. I join you in your prayers to pray for those innocent departed and their grieving relations. What they must be going through because of this mindless act of one person.

I do hope that they can bring stricter Gun control laws.. It so scary. We do keep hearing about shootings in schools and campuses on a regular basis.

We all should pray for peace and sanity in this world.

Vandhana

3. raginiprakash

raginiprakash Senior IL'ite

Indeed that was very shocking & made us very anxious too as my husband's cousin studies there. Thanks god! he's fine.

Such shootings in schools & campuses seem to have become a common occurrence in the US what with guns being available at local stores. I'm sure that makes parents so anxious when their children go to school.

Wonder why there aren't strict laws when it comes to possession of weapons of mass destruction.

Ragini.

4. Blondie

Blondie Bronze IL'ite

My immediate thoughts were about my friend's daughter who is a sophomore there and for my daughter who is best friends with her ( my daughter does not go there). It is really hard for the youngsters to go through these traumatic events and doubly hard so for the parents... Columbine in the past, Amish school kids last year and Virginia tech today is this mindless killing ever going to stop?? time to think about controlling WMD's at home.

Pushpa

5. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Very Shocking and violent act indeed.. The grief and pain that the families of the victims is unimaginable. I join all you ladies in praying for all the families who lost an innocent loved one, or who got injured in this heinous act of one person.

Regards,
    Jothi.

6. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

I felt so sad n shocked after heard this news from my hub this evening:cry: ...I wud like to join with u all to pray for all of our little frns... US Govt shud respond immly n do some thing to stop these kinda cruel acts...The real pain is all of their parents n praying 4 em too to relieve from that shock....:oops:

7. vmur

vmur Silver IL'ite

Two professors were among those killed, and one of them is Shri G.V.Loganathan, professor of Civil/Mechanical Engineering.

G. V. Loganathan, 51, was a professor of civil and environmental engineering in the College of Engineering at Virginia Tech. Since coming to Virginia Tech in 1982, he earned the Outstanding Faculty Award, the Dean's Award for Excellence in Teaching and the Faculty Achievement Award for Excellence in Civil Engineering Education, according to his biography on the Virginia Tech Web site. (CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2007
    1 person likes this.
  8. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

It was really indeed very shocking & sad. I read it was an asian shooter. Where we're leading???????Last year in Canada another Indian Guy killed 1student,

Sept. 13, 2006, Montreal, Quebec -- One gunman opens fire at Dawson College in Montreal, leaving a student dead and 19 more injured.

CityNews: School Killer Described By Witnesses As Asian Male, Around 19 Years Old

What happened to young generation, no tolerance??

Youth is our future & where they are leading, let us discuss, so that this not happen with our kids. & how they can solve problem without voilence.

Really a grim problem. So ladies lets discuss

to be continue here-

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life/6779-where-our-young-generation-leading.html

Last edited: Apr 17, 2007
  9. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

This was really shocking and sad to know, how can a young guy become so insane that he start shooting people out of the blue...

its not only one incident i'm discussing here but the crime scene as a whole

there are countries where there is so much of crime, lets say kenya or India... but do we know why crime happens there... yes there are a lot of reasons... unemployment, lack of education, poverty might be the reasons why crimes happens in those countries...

but here in a country like US, where there is no dearth of jobs... each and very store we go, we see a sign of 'hiring now'... the govt. has made things easy for the citizens, that everybody has a home, shelter, everybody has food, everybody has education, everybody has jobs. After all this if people resort to crime, for i dont know why, that too killing people like crazy... then only one thing can be said about them... either they dont care or dont understand what they have or they have low morales and values are missing.

i dont know exactly which country did that guy belonged to... but they said he was an Asian... there is already a lot of backlash against asians in US, with all these incidents happening, it directly affects Indians in US, as Americans just recognise Asians by the color of the skin, and cant make out the difference between pakistani, bangladeshi, indian or sri lankan.

We should pray to god to protect the young generation from taking the wrong paths and give them sanity of mind.

~Abha

10. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello

can we feel enough
    for someone so far away
    now gone...?
    in a matter of seconds..?
    the shootout started at seven fifteen
    and the second shootout at nine fifteen..
    two solid hours
    cant blame them though
    how were they to know
    there will be a series of killings..?

the indian upbringing is still the best
    where were you ..who was with u
    did you bathe eat or watch tv
    what did u watch on tv
    questions endless coming from
    mom dad uncle aunt or grandpa
    even the next door neighbour
    never thought it was intrusion..