very little breastmilk so frustrated. how to increase it.

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by cheesecake, Feb 9, 2015.

1. cheesecake

cheesecake Senior IL'ite

I had a c-section delivery and baby was fed with bottle.so the baby is not latching to my nipple.the baby cries and won't suck so I started pumping breastmilk but I pump only 10 ml per session.I am also giving formula.please tell me how to increase breastmilk. My milk came 5 days after delivery.it is 10th day now.

2. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Keep feeding and keep pumping for 10 mins in each breat even if you don't get much milk. Stimulation helps increase supply. Eat properly and drink milk.

i found eating oats, methi ,garlic and fenugreek water helped increase supply.

Don't stress about formula, give top up if baby seems hungry. It is very normal to goes mall amount milk in initial days.

consult a lactation consultant if you have latching problems.

3. EverydayBloom

EverydayBloom Gold IL'ite

@cheesecake, Hearty congratulations for entering new phase of life...

Tips to increase milk:

- First please be stress free ( i know its not easy as said) but still try to be relax and rest when baby is sleeping
    - Include lots of Methi leaves in your diet
    - Take garlic in every meal which will increase the milk production.
    - Take Oatmeal with whole milk and fruits of your choice as your snack or mid day snack.
    - Have min 2-3 lts of lukewarm water through out the day.
    - You can include Mothers milk tea http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0001VVDPY...TF8&colid=36MY7XA0W7QSN&coliid=I2RZAHKGVHBHCE this will instantly increase milk
    - Have nutritious food every 2 hrs, include nuts/fresh fruits/veggies/whole grains

Good luck

2 people like this.
  4. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

The above posters are right. Include lauki, moong dhal, fish etc. And my suggestion is help the baby latch rather than pump. This will give quicker results.

5. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

drink lots of milk(1 lit.) n water....take full meals (atleast 1 daal, 1 veg, curd/paneer, rice , roti n salad)...
    feed ur baby more n more ...keep trying...and keep pumping....more u feed or pump body gets the signal to generate more....
    feed or pump one breast at one time....when breast gets empty then body gets the signal to produce more milk...so feeding one at a time help to make atleast one breast completely empty...
    these were the suggestion i got from my gynae at the time of my frst baby birth and i follow these... i had very gud supply of milk...