1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Vent about relatives.. how to deal with foren crazy relatives?

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by sanjuruby3, Jun 6, 2015.

1. CuteCancer

CuteCancer Silver IL'ite

2 of my colleagues were coming back to India last month they both avoided buying a lot of items for relatives.

one said - "I have lots of luggage cannot carry more"
    The other said - "Did not have time to buy anything as I was super busy"

They were advising these tactics to juniors who went to onshore this month

1 person likes this.
  2. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

You know.. these specific relatives from mom's side. Now they just call mom to ask me...
    so mother comes in between and mother feels pressurized and bad if not brought.

She knows its wrong, but she will say - they will feel bad, if you do not.

now my H side, apart from liquor , have started asking electronics as gifts... inspite of him taking lot of other stuff and they will not pay 2 rs for shoe rack in temple.

Even India trip does not remain fun.

3. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Actually the more you take, more people will start asking for it. So I ignore all others except his and my parents and siblings. Once you don't get them anything they will stop asking.

Tell your mom that everything is available here, they can buy online/mall. If you are worried about them feeling bad, I am also feeling bad that I have to compromise on getting things for you guys as no room in my bags.

4. oysterzzz

oysterzzz Gold IL'ite

i wonder why they are crazy about foreign stuff when they can find everything here only, especially online. The pins for electric stuff are different than indian pins and also will the warranty work here? we have the cheapest tablet in flipkart which became a huge hit. people still need to grow up.

5. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

Ha ha ha ,. American Diamonds are actually the 'Fake' Diamonds invented in India.. :)

1 person likes this.
  6. VanithaSudhir

And the moment.. Dubai is the transition.. Liquor bottles and Gold biscuits. As if Duty free..means.. everything is piled up in baskets for all the passengers to pick up and walk as soon they are landed.
    Sanju.. You can give luggage as an excuse.. or if you want it to be entertaining.. say. customs didn't clear it and you had to leave them all with the customs itself.. ha ha ha ha

2 people like this.
  7. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Haa @VanithaSudhir - -So right.. get so many calls for all kind of liquor bottles from DXB my BIL so he can entertain his ILs and friends.

Can you believe, once I overheard - My BIL's wife fighting her H ( my BIL )for not bringing liquor for her brothers (parents)? My mother/father asks for her pet friends and her relatives and now to be SIL.

Thank god, those relatives have stopped calling me now. Else Gold biscuits, gold chains what not they have asked. Passing from Dubai means I will be magically gold coated you know...or turn to gold. Even coming from US, people think same. Once I wore a heavy tangled chain style gold (fake gold colored ) forever 21 bracelet.

Wow.. I got so many looks and finally ILs asked. How on earth can anyone medium call afford that ..just because living in US.

1 person likes this.
  8. VanithaSudhir

Oh ..talk about living in the U.S.. .Everyone thinks our income is in dollars.. but expenses are in INR. Chocolates (Foreign !!??? Chocolates)... liquid soaps.. watches.. perfume mists(one of my friends wanted me to get her loofas..).. There is no end to it.
    Luckily they don't ask to import the cars.. ha ha ha ha

1 person likes this.