1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Vegetarian and Vitamin D deficiency

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by Imblessed, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Imblessed

Imblessed Bronze IL'ite

Ladies, I need some ideas for curing Vit D deficiency. I am vegetarian, but I can eat eggs -- no other non - veg. I researched a lot and I read that sunlight and some dairy products help. But I need some ideas from ladies who have ever recovered from this deficiency and any other ideas that you know to improve Vit D.
    I have PCOS, so I need a balanced diet...
    Help me find some ways to include food and drinks that will help me recover fast.
    Thank you !

2. divyarnair

divyarnair Silver IL'ite

Re: Vegetarian with PCOS and Vit D deficiency

Vit D supplement is available in medical shop - "Calciferol sachet ". Just mix in water or milk and drink. My doctor advised me to take 1 satchet per month.Please discuss with your doctor to get the dosage.

3. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Take milk and other milk products.Walk in the morning sun atleast for half an hour.Take VITAMIN D tablets as suggested by doctors.

1 person likes this.
  4. Imblessed

Imblessed Bronze IL'ite

Thank you Divya. Did your deficiency got cured because of this? My levels of Vit D is very low...

5. Imblessed

Imblessed Bronze IL'ite

Thanks ! The things, due to winter these days 80% of the time there is no Sun, just cloudy. Can anyone tell me, just because of tablets and food deficiency can be cured ?

6. MaliniHari

MaliniHari Gold IL'ite

Mushrooms are a good source for Vitamin D. Spinach too. In fruits, orange has high vit D content.

7. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

I have this deficiency creeping in 3-4 times in a year. I try to get vitamin D from sunlight and my doc has prescribed CCM tablets which i am taking not through out the year but only when requirement arise.

When body is deficient with vitamin D, it start absorbing calcium from bones. So your doc has suggested the right thing for you.

If you can eat eggs, then you may go ahead. but that is not the only solution. alogn with it you need to get your dose of sunlight everyday.

8. nalini468

nalini468 Gold IL'ite

Consume plenty of milk products, orange and walk or expose your body in morning sunlight for atleast 1/2hr.

9. chandans

chandans New IL'ite

Hey, You can take Vit D tabs which you can buy from any pharmacy. Also take lots of liquids like juices and plenty of water. If you don’t have the time to make juice everyday, you can also pick up packaged juice. There are a lot of good juices in the market, I personally like KDD harvest’s apple juice which is 100% juice with no preservatives. Apart from this, you can increase the intake of foods like cereals, veggies, Spinach, Okra, Soybeans, White beans and Cheese. I hope this helps and get well soon.

10. ragapriyaa

ragapriyaa Silver IL'ite

Hi, nowadays every one takes calcium with vit D tablets. Low vit D may be a precursor to diabetes, low bone density, depression. Vit D is changed to vit D 3 in the body. But without vit K2-7, the calcium will not go to the bones, instead will be absorbed by the blood stream.may be this is one reason for clogged arteries in women. All 3 elements together is better than taking plain vit D, or calcium with vit D. Since I am on steroids for ITP, which will reduce bone density, I take surbex osteo . My vit D is 40, 10 less than the normal range. K2-7 is found only in non vegetarian foods. So vegetarians can only get it from tablets. Hope this was helpful.