Vegetable Chopper in Al Wahda Mall

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Abu Dhabi' started by Mallie, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Mallie

Mallie Senior IL'ite

Hai gals

Has any one purchased the vegetable chopper that is being sold in Al Wahda mall ( Abu Dhabi)..... The vegetable chopper which a man advertises through a microphone near the vegetable section. Is it useful ? Also want to know what is the best onion chopper available in Abu Dhabi.

I am also planning to buy a complete kitchen set like dinner set, cutting board, cups, knifes etc. Can you tell me where we can get the best deal and choice.

Thanks in advance friends

2. vishy

vishy Bronze IL'ite

HI Mallie

You get good kitchen cutlery in Home Centre, Homes r us and True Value (Next to Marina Mall). Even Ikea has some great stuff. You can visit all of them once before you buy.

If you are not in a hurry, you can wait for the "Home Centre Sale", you get the dining set and likes at a very good price.

Vishy

3. Mallie

Mallie Senior IL'ite

Thanks a lot Vishy. will check there. Do you know when is that sale. and also any idea about the vegetable slicer at the Wahda mall.

4. Shilpak2303

Shilpak2303 Senior IL'ite

5. Mallie

Mallie Senior IL'ite

Thanks Shilpak for the info.

I guess nobody has purchased that vegetable chopper ....

6. shubag

shubag Gold IL'ite

Mallie...What is the make of the chopper you are talking of ?? I'm using braun which chops onions, green leaves, carrots, cabbage, beets etc very finely...Excellent one!!

7. Smi123

Smi123 New IL'ite

Hi Mallie,

I purchased the vegetable chopper that you are talking about inside lulu- its a rotomac brand or soemthing right? Costs 99 dhs.
    I used it once, although it is quite good, it is a little inconvenient till you get the hang of it. The man who advertises it, must be doing this day in and day out, so it appears so easy, but for me, I found it inconvenient. I was thinking I will re-try it this weekend, as during the week I am rushed for time- only bought it last weekend.
    The vegetables keep slipping out of the holder..

I have the braun minipimer from about 8 years- it comes in 600w capacity, and has 3 attachments- one is the blender shaft, 1 is the eggbeater( or whipper) and then is the mini chopper .
    It is HIGHLY convenient, and I have no hesitations in recomending it. 8 years back the cost was about 240 dhs( on sale) Since then I have given it to my mom in India and also to my aunt who are equally satisfied.

It is expensive but will last you for years. I recomend the minipimer, if you make milk shakes etc for your kid/hubby-( which i do) or blend food for your kid etc- can be used on food which is hot as well.. eg- pao bhajii bhaji can be blended when it is boiling on the stove..
    I sound like an ad for the minipimer now! haha.

Anyway, hope this helps
    Braun has an outlet in abu dhabi mall.

They also have just a chopper which would do for chopping veggies in tiny pieces..

Smita

8. Mallie

Mallie Senior IL'ite

Thanks a lot Shubag and Simi. Will definitely look into your suggestions.

No wonder I did not get many responses. Guess the chopper from the Wahda mall is a flop.