1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Varanam Ayirum

Discussion in 'Movies' started by regi_sr, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Vaaranam Aayiram

Vaaranam Aayiram:

We watched this movie last week and liked it. Surya's acting in various get-ups for father and son at different stages/ages was very apt and a delight to look at.

He has really worked hard for the movie and it shows on the screen. Of course, songs are very good, neatly picturised and hummable. There is one unnecessary gana song which could have been avoided.

On the whole, this movie is worth watching once for Surya and the songs.

The father-son relationship has been depicted neatly portraying the positive aspects. There is also a social/health awareness created by stressing the importance to avoid drugs/alcohol and be more conscious about our community and nation.

Even though it's a lengthy movie, we didn't feel the pinch of sitting in the theatre for more than 3 hours.:)

2. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

hi friends..

I watched the movie last week... i like the movie for suriya, and for music... to be mad i watched it twice on the same day coz songs and first half lovable scenes of suriya was really too good...i really enjoyed that.... second half is dragging... but sure can be watched once for suriya's effort and music... good movie..

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  3. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

i watched it the week end it came out =D...truley a beatiful movie and surya was sooooooooooo HOT!!! hehe...buh ppl either loved it or hated it...surya's acting was amazing and simren was pretty gud...the effort in to making the movies was extrodinary...

if u liked thavamai thavminrindhu and those type of movies u r sure to luv it =D its not a commercial film..no fights no exaggeration...

4. AVpoornima

AVpoornima Gold IL'ite

i agree with all it is not a entertainment movie surya's acting is good

5. Chitra29

Chitra29 Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Regi:cheers
    I've not seen the movie yet.
    Y'day I saw Suhasini's review in Tv program.
    Here it is running in theatres.
    Next week my daughter is coming here on hols.
    so may be able to watch next weekend. Hope it'll be there till then.:)
    chitra

6. aharia

aharia Silver IL'ite

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  7. vids

vids Senior IL'ite

I watched it last weekend - I in fact LOVED the movie as opposed to many here. I thought surya did a great job! I didn't find anything artificial in the acting or in the movie itself.
    Its the story of how a father inspires his son in almost everything in his life...There is a lot of emotion, romance, adventure, thrill, suspense, about everything except comedy in this movie.
    It is one of the very few "good" movies (only according to me)

Cheers,
    Vidhya

8. deepss25

deepss25 Bronze IL'ite

hi,

i saw the movie on the second day of the show at inox.Infact surya,along with divya and Guatam menon were also there and there was an interactive session with surya too.

the first half of the movie was good.the second half was too dragging.the movie is shortened from its original length from 3 hours and 10 mins to almost two and a half hours.

the movie can be watched once for suryas performance.

cheers
    Deepss

9. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

We saw the movie the week it was released expecting a Gautham Menon movie to hv been taken nicely...well, firstly the positives - Music, Surya's dedication(cant believe how much of wt he lost n put on for the diff roles). Otherwise everything else was not upto the mark...def not an entertainer n we felt the 2nd half was dragging too much...my DH very nearly fell asleep n he kept himself awake by nibbling on the nachoes we got in the interval which is not how he normally behaves while he watches a movie...now that says the whole thing :)

10. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

"Vaaranam Ayiram is the best movie in this season. The songs, the sentiments, the romance, the affection, the visualization and more than any thing ...there is Surya.

If it is Surya movie, u should not miss it. My 100% vote for the movie. U should definitely watch it.

It is not only an entertainer, there is a message also.

Andal