1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Varalotti, The Eternal Trouble-maker Talks About....

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Dec 13, 2010.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Varalotti The Trouble Maker

2. Perfectionist

Perfectionist Senior IL'ite

Good morning sir,

A good start for my week. A good insight about balancing act.

But today I have a question. Yeasterday I was talking to my mother about a relative and his family. There is a person of age 85 years. He is in bed from last 20 years. He is suffering badly. He has a family who is with him from last 20 years fulfilling his wish and supporting him. But after being in bed for 20 years obviously he is very frustrated and irritated. So he is now being pain to everyone.

Family members are wishing to god, that he should end his suffering. Before his family memebers start hating him.

So what do you have to say about this. My mother and I was discussing,why this particular person has to suffer so much. Why cant he have a very silent and painless death?? We at the end...thought may be it is his karma, of this life and past life,that is causing him this pain.

What will be your take on this. This is again balancing act only but in negative way.. Does it work like that??

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Will come tomorrow...that is on our Monday, to leave a fb, Sridhar! :)

sriniketan

4. varalotti

Good Morning, Perfectionist.
    Well let me start my day by saying that it is too naive to think that we can explain every thing in life.
    Maybe some of us might gain an insight into this some time. And if we try hard to reason out the suffering of that man or his relatives we'll only end up in despair.
    Let's leave it to Him.
    A few thoughts on this.
    The long period of illness of the old man might be a lesson to his attendants. Or it might be for a lesson which the man or his relatives have not yet learnt.
    Remember, Dr.Ross never had the insight when her mother was in coma. Only after she died, only after everything was over when she recollected the events in her tranquil moments did the answer come.
    And so is with the Madurai Doctor who had to wait for an amateurish story three years after his mother's death to know the explanation.
    If the questions in the minds of those people are strong enough the answers will come soon enough.
    I am convinced that nothing happens by chance. (Nothing By Chance is a good book by Richard Bach)
    thanks for being the first, Pooja, to give a fb to this blog.
    sridhar

5. varalotti

You are most welcome Bhargavi, any time.
    sridhar

6. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

This article has moved me to tears, uncle! Beside the balance of love, I feel that karma also has a role to play.

Raji

7. varalotti

Everything, good or bad, has an effect. Karma is all about cause and effect.
    When you see somebody suffering when you feel for her well that feeling thought has an effect. And if you think 'let her suffer; after all she deserves this' even that has an effect.
    thanks for coming in Raji.
    sridhar

8. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

I just loved your story, Sridhar Sir.

When exasperated, the thought easily comes to mind is 'How long more to go?' Then I am remembered that nothing is in my hand. When He thinks I am no more needed here, my account of karma, love or whatever you say is perfectly balanced, I'll get the heavenly call.

Thank you, Sir for a nice start of the week. Kind regards

9. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Boost,

A nice narration and the reasoning is totally unacceptable to me. I just don't buy this Sri... Sorry for being so blatant but I want to tell the truth.

Though I believe everything happens for the good this account balancing and the person had to suffer to get the same balanced is totally not acceptable. If I give reasons for not accepting, you will be telling me that somethings cannot be explained.

I have seen people who have only suffered in life and even in death the family suffers. Take the case of my dad, from his young age he has seen only pain. I have never seen my dad buying anything for himself..a nice shirt nor a pant. It was only family for him and my mom used to get these things for him. The way we were brought up ...my eyes well up Sri when I think of my dad. Finally he didnt have a pie for his monthly expenses too and on top of that his heart was giving lot of problems and poor dad he didn't have the finance to get good medical care...to have an angiogram he had to think so much...Finally he had to sell his house to earn livelihood and then also he left the money in mom's name and he left this world...Is this fair Sri? Should anyone suffer so much in life for no fault of theirs?All along he saw only pain, pain and nothing but pain and he left all of us with physical pain too. Incidentally tomorrow is his ceremony too.... I am not telling that God is unfair nor he is not there but I am not able to buy these crap.

If my dad's account needs to be balanced...should he have not seen some joy in life too....This is simply NOT FAIR, NOT Fair, NOT FAIR..........

10. Sobhi

Sobhi Senior IL'ite

Hello Sridhar Sir

Out of words to write anything on this topic. Your post gives one dimension to the scenario and Lalitha Akka's comments a totally different dimension.

regards
    Shobha