Varalotti reaches yet another milestone in the annals of I L !

Discussion in 'IL'ite milestones' started by Chitvish, Jan 30, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Laxmi,
    It is a wonderful feeling to receive such an appreciative post from my own moderator. Thanks a ton.
    A seasoned Carnatic musician told me that the quality of his performance invariably depends on the quality of his audience. I was puzzled. He continued, "As I sing I see the faces of the people. When I see happiness, enthusiasm in their faces, I sing really well. But when the faces are dull and expressionless, my songs also become soulless."
    Well, Laxmi, the enthusiastic faces (and the enthusiastic voices )of the 3000 odd ILites is the proximate cause for the quality of my writings. So long as I have such an audience, I will be writing well.
    Thanks for the message,
    sridhar

2. varalotti

Re: Dear Varalotti sir,

Thanks Mohana for your kind words. My silent readers are as precious to me as my vociferous readers. While I enjoy the critical posts of the latter, I am indebted to the silent participation of hte former.
    வாழ்த்துக்களுக்கு மனமார்ந்த நன்றி
    அன்புடன்,
    வரலொட்டி

3. varalotti

Thanks, Meena Krishnan

Dear Meena Madam,
    By calling me Sir you have had the privilege of being addressed in the same way I address the Queen of Our Town, Madurai Meenakshi. I call her Meena Madam.
    Thanks a ton for your congratulatory message. And I can not thank you enough for your silent participation in my threads.
    Love,
    sridhar

4. varalotti

Thanks Vidhi!

Dear Vidhi Madam,
    thanks a lot for your kind wishes. If my writings can help you to deepen your understanding of human nature, by even a millimetre, then all the time spent before the system would have been worth the while.
    Thanks, Vidhi,
    sridhar

5. varalotti

Thanks Meenu!

Dear Meenu,
    When you told me that my story helped you to come to a clear decision, I was happy that all the efforts put in writing have not gone waste.
    May I have the strength to serve IL and ILites better to deserve all these kind words.
    regards,
    sridhar

6. varalotti

I appreciate the honesty, Heena!

dear heena,

even if you had said that "I am a silent reader and I love your writings" I could not have found the difference. The mere fact that you told the truth openly increases my regards for you. Before coming to India send a pm to me. I will give my contact details and help you get all my books at good prices.

Or the technology may advance to such an extent that you might be able to read my stories in a tablet PC, in an ebook format, in the same way you read a regular book.
    Thanks for the message.
    regards,
    sridhar

7. varalotti

Thanks Gayathri!

hi gayathri,
    do you know the real significance of your name? Sanskrit has an aphorism to explain your name.
    gaayantham thraayathe ithi gayathreem.
    that which protects (thraayathe) the person who recites the mantra (gayantham) is called gayathri.
    thanks for your congratulatory message.
    sridhar

8. varalotti

Thank You Safa!

Thank you, Safa. And thanks for those specially kind words you have for me. I learn and grow when I respond to the individual comments. But, Seena, honestly, I do not feel like teaching you people. IL is a school where great learning takes place without any teachers present. I facilitate the discussion and stimulate you with the leader post. Like what Visu used to do in Arattai arangam. He would just start and then leave the floor to whosoever is willing to speak.
    Thanks once again,
    sridhar

9. varalotti

Thanks, Flowery Angel!

Dear VS,
    Thanks for your warm wishes. You are slowly getting into the role of my teacher. Wondering how? I define teacher as one who points out to the source of knowledge. For the mere fact that you directed me to Like the Flowing River (I have started on that book; overwhelmed by the first few chapters and hence stopped reading that for a while) you can be called my Teacher.
    Thanks once again for your kind wishes.
    And please keep suggesting good books. Retain the teachers role.
    Regards,
    sridhar

10. varalotti

Thanks, Varudhini

Dear Varudhini,
    Thanks a zillion for your kind post. And thanks for being a silent reader.
    I hope you will become an active participator in my next thousand posts.
    regards,
    sridhar