Varalotti reaches yet another milestone in the annals of I L !

Discussion in 'IL'ite milestones' started by Chitvish, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Congratulations - Varalotti reaches yet another milestone in the annals of I L !

Hello Sridhar,

C-O-N-G-R-A-T-U-L-A-T-I-O-N-S!

Can I stop with just congratulating you? I owe you a big "T-H-A-N-K Y-O-U" too.

It is these 2000+ posts that make many ILites sign-in into IndusLadies everyday. Your stories, snippets and weekly postings are good lessons to learn. Your patience and interest in responding to every feedback in person has always been admired by me. Your dedication to your fan readers, taking their feedback in the right sense and trying to improve on them are awesome.

Along with other ILites this IndusLady too will look forward to many more 1000s of your contributions.

PS: Chitvish, thank you for starting this thread. You have not only honored your friendship with Sridhar, you have helped me in not missing this milestone of the great writer of our site.

Regards,
    Malathy

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Manjula!

Makes me dizzy too! The air up here is the same as the one down there! But who's up and who's down? All of us meet on the level!
    Thanks, Manjula, for your message.
    sridhar

3. varalotti

Thanks, Sihi!

Dear Sihi,
    Thanks. I always relish reading your long, analytical responses to my posts. Replying to the posts is the minimum courtesy I owe to all of your for your efforts and time.
    Thanks for your kind wishes. I can reach more milestones only when all of you walk with me.
    sridhar

4. varalotti

Thanks Vidya!

Dear Vidya,

Each post has been a milestone and a lesson to me as well. When I throw up a subject for discussion in the leader post, I invariably get such good responses that I end up learning more than teaching.

And Vidya, your posts, have been one of my major sources of learning - your detailed response in the Gossip Thread, your analysis in the jealousy and other threads - I can go on mentioning but then someone might say I write very long posts.

When somebody raised an objection your balanced, matured response to her was tremendous. Instead of raising counter-objections you won over her with with love, as Sriranjani fondly remembered in the congratulatory thread to you.

Will definitely post more of the great Tamil poets in future.

Thanks again for your kind wishes.
    Varalotti

5. varalotti

Thanks Kamla!

Dear Kamla,

Your words have always been unusual, unusually charming. With your responses to my posts stored for eternity in IL, I use them as energisers when my moods are down.

Your soft, free-flowing style of language has always moved me. Whether it is a private mail, a short pm, a quick response, or you detailed biography, which I was one of the privileged ones to read there is a caress in the words that you use. And to cap it all your photograph matches your gentle writing style.

Thanks for the great words, which made me blush blood red.
    If you want me to go further, please continue to respond to my posts in your own inimitable style.
    L,
    sridhar

6. varalotti

Thanks, Vandhana!

Dear Vandhana,
    No thread of mine is complete unless you respond to it. Your two or three line FBs say it all.
    I am also amazed at the kind of maturity you brought to the table while handling some complex issues.
    sridhar

7. varalotti

Thanks,Anjana!

Dear Anjana,
    Thanks for the kind words and the wishes.
    As you would have noted I have started individual replies even from this thread. And let me thank you in this open forum for supplying seeds to some of my threads.
    Love,
    sridhar

8. varalotti

Thanks, Jothi!

Dear Jothi,

I am very happy that a woman teaching nursery classes is reading my posts. (I saw it in the Who Am I thread) Made a mental note to be even more responsible in my writings.

I got (and am getting) so many things from the women in my life and my contribution to IL is an expression of my gratitude.
    thanks again, Jothi.
    sridhar

9. varalotti

Thanks Sonia!

Dear Sonia,
    thanks for your message and wishes.
    With the wishes of friends like you, reaching more of thousands should not be a problem.
    sridhar

10. varalotti

Malathy, I am reminded of those days!

Hello Malathy,
    When I saw the word C-O-N-G-R-A-T-U-L-A-T-I-O-N-S! in your message my mind went back to the old days. When you announced in July 2005 that I got the very first award as the best poster for my story The Scar, I remember seeing the same style of words.

And it is quite refreshing to see the same affection and modesty in you today, after IL has crossed the 3000 mark. I joined IL when we were less than a hundred, perhaps.

What many writers lack today is the proper forum to express their views. Even if my story is published in a magazine that has a readership of about a million (Womans Era's number is 2.4 million) I do not get this many feedbacks. A very good story might get a 2 line letter in the letters to editor. But here in our IL even my 10 line posts get some 20 plus feedbacks, all from well-meaning, matured, talented ladies.

So it is I who should thank you for providing me a forum. On this occasion I assure you that I will always do my level best to deserve the place of honour you have given me.

Thanks once again for your kind wishes,
    regards,
    sridhar