1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Varalotti in the US -2

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Sep 5, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Hello Meena,
    Time here is not enough. If only I had taken a stenographer along with me, I would have written two books on my US experiences during the first few days. Yes, I am all eyes, all ears because there are a million things to learn. Two eyes and two ears are not enough at all.

Nice to read about your Paris GPS experience.
    It is virtually impossible to have a GPS experience in India. As I said earlier in order to work well, not only the gadget should be efficient but also the road maps should be clear and should have been already fed into the system. Now that is not possible especially in a chaotic set up like the KG Market Area. May be if all places are like Jaya Nagar, well designed and developed, we can use the GPS over there.

But as Sunitha wrote we have the way in our mouths. (vazhi vaaila irukku) We have to just ask. Which we can't do here in the US.

Will surely post the ILite Meet Pictures.
    regards,

2. varalotti

Wow! You've got it right. You are entitled to a gift! You may collect it on 14th Sep at San Jose.

Yes, Sunitha. My Dad used to say, "Vazhi vaaila irukku." The way is in our mouth. That way in India our mouth is the fail-proof GPS. People are willing to help you. Once I got lost in a town and asked an auto-rickshaw driver to show me the way. He told me that he was about to go in that direction a little later and for my sake started a little early and asked me to follow him. Refused to accept payment. Thats India .
    Regards,

3. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Yes,pls send me the pushpaka vimana too since I no longer stay in CA.:mrgreen:

4. Blondie

Blondie Bronze IL'ite

Kamla,
    Garmin definitely 'displays' the 'tudes and also estimated time of arrival. Now figuring it out for it to vocalise (audio) these, even I have not done so far. My attitude so far for all the gadgets have been plug and play and nothing more.

5. varalotti

Sunitha,
    I think that I should talk to Boeing now, as I have got orders for a lot of pushpaka vimanas. As Boeing is right here in Seattle, will do something on that. Ha ha ha.
    regards,

6. varalotti

Re: Varalotti in the US -3

Most Gracious ILites,

It's already Friday and the week-end is just a few hours away. A few minutes from now I will be uploading the next episode Varalotti in the US 3.
    Boeing is just our neighbour here in Seattle. Pushpaka Vimanams can be ordered online.

Whatever may be the model of the craft, even if it is the much hyped Boeing 787 due to be released during May 2008, Jetlag is something that cannot be helped. And in my case it was a blessing in disguise. How? Go over to Varalotti in The US 3 in Saturdays With Varalotti.

Love,

7. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    it is very nice that you are remembering us even while you are busy in US. Thanks a lot.
    I was telling my hubby and Aravindh about your GPS experience. Then we were wondering- how it will work in Chingara Chennai at present. Now that the traffic rules and road rules are changed from time to time with out any notice, I doubt the ability of the GPS system to take us to the right place here. each day, a different road is made one way, some roads are dug up and you come to know that you cannot travel that way very late and are stuck, the soil dug out is left on the road and the rain makes it very slippery and what not!
    The satellite will ownup its inability to help us and stop working. Just imagine!

8. varalotti

Dear Varloo,
    How can I forget IL, even if I am in the North Pole? The beauty is my training ends a little early before it is time for my host to leave office. I use that time to log in and write whatever comes to my mind.
    Rest assured, GPS will not even begin to work in Chennai, much less in Madurai. Unless we feed in the maps of all our roads, streets and alleys there will be nothing for GPS to configure.
    But the consolation is that we have thousands of human GPSs in India. I mean the bystanders who lovingly show you the way.
    regards,

9. varalotti

Dears,
    I have added a couple of pictures in Varalotti in the US 3 Thread. Looking forward to see your comments.
    regards,

10. varalotti

Re: Varalotti in the US -4

Most Gracious ILites,
    Time's just flying. It's already time for Varalotti In The US -4. I first thought of picking up some other incident and had hinted that in my reply to Kamla. But seeing my notes again, I came up with another potent lesson which completely floored me. I am now serving that lesson to you with love.
    Regards,