1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Varalotti in Madurai Book Fair! Pictures!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Aug 15, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chithra,

(See I have not forgotten the h in your name.)

If only my picture in Tamukkam Grounds can make you come to my forum, I will see to it that my pictures are there every week.(a la politicians who have flexboardsc ontaining their pictures all over the city)

All said and done, I am happy that this post has made the undisputed queen of IL, the only HoF occupant and the 10000-post one and only Chitra to come here and comment.

Chithra, I am flattered, honoured, moved and touched.

Let me just put this "photo ops" in proper perspective. The Book Fair is in Tamukkam Grounds and there are 204 stalls in it. One of them belongs to Kavitha Publications. And in the entrance to their stall they have the pictures of the key authors they are currently handling -some thirty of them. And in that row of thirty my picture is there somewhere in the middle.

I know you are an expert in handling digital camera. But I am learning to handle it only now. I am getting my self trained in that aspect for my US trip. So I applied all my skills to take the picture in such a way that my picture appears prominently. As they say it is a 'camera trick'.

Having said that, let me thank you from the depths of my heart for your kind words. Wish us and bless us, Chithra.
    Love,

2. varalotti

Dear Shobana,
    Eagerly looking forward to your comments on my works. Are you reading SHE, the serial of a woman in search of her identity? Well, I have posted 16 episodes already, 17 is due today. And 18th will tbe the final episode.
    Thanks for the kind words and good wishes, Shobana.
    regards,

3. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear varalotti,

I feel proud as a fellow Maduraiite and fellow ILite. Yes, the avatar photo is me taken at New York recently.

Regards,

TDU

4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear sridhar,
    it is so nice to see your picture there, leave alone u bringing your mother i would also do the same, look there the picture is that of my friend, this is what happens to good writers who are your friend, and i wish you could facilitate many among us who do not get a chance to get the books be sent to our home address for the cost, it would be so great,here in bangalore we need to go to either higgin bothams or any other tamil magazine stores, not like tamil nadu, and i dont know whether this is available on line, but more curious to read them as we are already exposed to your readings here...regards sunkan

5. varalotti

Dear Sundari,
    Thanks for the kind words and more thanks for your interest in reading my books.
    I have given details about ordering the book. Here's the linkfor the thread.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/v...ial-stories/1821-my-first-books-out-seek.html
    You may just call the publisher and place your order. The books will be shipped within two, three days.
    There are also details about ordering books on line.
    Thanks Sunkan, again, for the kind words.
    regards,

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sridhar,

Congrats. Very happy for your achievement.

7. varalotti

Dear Shanti,
    Thanks a lot.
    love,
    sridhar

8. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    We are extremely happy to hear about your books and photos on display at the Madurai Book fair. Indhusri is beaming with pride..Well deserved!!
    I am extremely happy to be associated with such a dynamic personality as you.
    God bless you to reach greater heights.

Regards
    USHA

9. abhatv

abhatv Senior IL'ite

Hai Varalotti sir,

Saw the photos. Congrats on your occupying a place with all the other stalwarts of Tamil literature. Indhusri is really absorbed in the reading.

Regards,

Abha.

10. varalotti

Dear Usha,
    Thanks for those words of kindness and affection. My happiness in associating with you is no less.
    Thanks a lot for your prayers and wishes, Usha.
    regards,
    sridhar