1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Varalotti, I am losiing count of your laurels – they are becoming one too many !

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by Chitvish, Nov 19, 2006.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear All,

Please go to
    http://www.dinamalar.com/2006nov19varamalar/Sirukathai.asp

Dinamalr font is now “dynamic font” enabled and there will not be any trouble in viewing the site in tamil font.

The one and only hero of our site ( the number of his fan-heroines is swelling everyday !) has got the consolation prize in a short story competition held by Varamalar. He gets a prize – I take the pride ( ofcourse only in announcing it here!).

My dear Sridhar,

First thing, on a Sunday morning, you made me cry ! V was taken aback and asked me if I was OK !

Though an eternally favourite theme, you have given your characteristic “humane “approach to the topic. Thereby, you stand apart, as well.

The present day scenario is such that there is a “ dog biting man” competition in the careers, pursued by women as well. To think, that there are women like Shanthi, paying her contribution to the cause of educating downtrodden and deeprived children, in her own way , is very appreciable. May the tribe of such women increase !!

Though an ardent fan, I am a critical fan as well. Do still tuition teachers, all the more a woman, thrash her students with a ruler ? The mother in a woman will hesitate to do the same !!

You have proved
    “Kuzanthayum Deivamum Kondaadum idaththilae"

குழந்தையும் தெய்வமும் கொண்டாடும் இடத்திலே

Sridhar, you are just 28, but the photograph shows you as though you are in late forties! – how deceptive, photos can be ??

I am so proud of you, my dear Sridhar !

Love & regards,
    Chithra.

2. rajeswary

rajeswary Guest

hi chith

Hi Chith,
    No human being can escape crying after reading Varalotti's story " Krishna Jeyanthi" ... No doubt he made u cry ! I pray God the message sridhar wants to tell should really reach each and every heart of the public soon !
    Chith, i want to point out there ARE lady teachers who punish the students so....violently . But the lady character in the story has been described as of nice qualities such as doing good things to kids in her leisure time - yet ....at one point she loses her temper & go to the extent of beating the kid brutally ...human nature ...' kadavul paadhi mirugam paadhi '
    ...after knowing the truth ...."mirugam poi..kadavul vandhuvidugiradhu aval manadhile " ....Am i right Chith ?
    Ur funny comment made me look into the photo of Varalotti ...! To be frank i could not find anything but 'manidhaneyam ' (his motto) in his eyes ....
    No doubt ur words are my only sourse of inspiration - thanks chith ...
    With love & regards ,
    rajeswary.

3. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Hats off to you

Dear Sridhar,
    A simple concept in a heart rending description. I am sure only you can do it!! Congrats...
    Chitra, how come your eyes never miss our friend's writings.. This is proof that you are a voracious reader. Thank you for pasisng on such lovely stores to us.

Regards
    USHA

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Me 2

What dear Chitra says is true...so many laurels and so many ever growing fans.
    Congratulations Varalotti Sridhar!
    More about this tomorrow, beg your pardon.

L, Kamla

5. Chitvish

Oh, my dear rajeswary !

You seem to have decided to take cudgels on behalf of my dear friend !
    So, namakkullae sariyaana potti - who is a more ardent fan of Varalotti !
    Remember, it takes age and consequent maturity to develop " manitha neyam" in one's eyes. So, my friend, you have indirectly arrived at my point - ha ha ha !

Are you a Kamalahasan fan as well ? I am only a V R fan !! No "double fanship"(I wonder, if such a word exists at all ??!!) for me !!

Love & regards,
    Chithra.

6. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

kallum karaiyum

Dear Sridhar ,
    After reading ur story ..."kallum karaiyum" ! What about us ?...........
    U r GREAT Sridhar ! God bless u !
    Ur great fan ,
    Indhu.

7. Chitvish

My dear Usha !

It is my pleasure to answer the part of your post, addressed to me.
    I love reading, more reading, more & more reading - specially if it is in tamil.
    Coming from Madurai, Dinamalar is very close to me. On sundays, I read Varamalar from front to back covers !
    Having read V R 's stories over the past few years in tamil magazines, W E etc , I have become his fan, not denying the underlying Madurai bond as well. Now IL connection only strengthens our friendship.
    I felt thrilled, when I first read the review of his book in Kalki & phoned to him to announce it. He was surprised.
    You wrote one line to me - my answer is one paragraph !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

8. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

To Maduraikaara's

Dear Maduraikaara's,

Chitra, Not Again !! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Couldn't help smiling when I read your post on Varalotti's yet another mind-blowing story !

Now its confirmed to me that there is some telepathic phenomenon happening between you and Varalotti's published stories! So, next time when Varalotti's story gets published in any magazine or website or in other media. All I have to do is just wait for a thread from you showing us the way to his story and we can read it . You save us the worry of how to access his stories :-D ! Thanks for showing us the link for one of his yet another great Padaipu !

Varalotti, you're story "KrishnaJayanthi" was so nice....You have nicely shown in this short-story, how Manitha Nesam is far more important than caste and religion. To me, The muslim boy in the story is a messenger of love and humanity for all the religious fanatics, who in the name of religion, bring about havoc and violence to his other fellow members ! Very touchy story Varalotti ! It has a very strong social message ! It's a great story indeed...

Love,
    Preethi

9. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

How Can I Ever Hope To Thank You?

Dear Chitra,
    How can I ever hope to thank you adequately for posting the publication of my stories in this forum, every time?i
    Chitra, to be frank, I got only the consolation prize in the competition. The competition rules say that those win the first three prizes cannot compete again. I have been trying since 1998 and still cannot win any of them. May be God wants me to be in the competition every time and produce "consolation prize" stories like this.
    Your posting the story in this site and the comments of all the ILites was like conferring the First Prize on the consolation prize winner.
    Thanks once again.
    Regarding Shanti punishing the boy with a ruler, I think it is quite natural. She is a soft woman no doubt but a sensitive one too. In her anxiety to see that her student does not become a fanatic she has gone slightly overboard, which, I think is natural and can be condoned.
    And why should I argue when Rajeswari has already taken the cudgels, on my behalf?
    sridhar

10. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Rajeswari,
    Thanks a ton for those kind words. I really appreciate your anxiety in seeing to it that the message reaches them to whom it is intended.

Thanks for arguing on behalf of my character. And thanks for being able to see "manidhaneyam" in my photo.
    Thanks once again.
    sridhar