1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Varalotti hits hard where it hurts !

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by Chitvish, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Two bird at a shot!

Thanks Chitra for this story of Varalotti and the added bonus you provide with your commentary at the end:)

Sridhar,
    Your father is right, this was not even a minute's story! And still you touched more than one chord in this brief story where a film maker is exploiting the already exploited kid. This IS the reality and the story is Superb because it says so much with so few words. Great Sridhar!

L, Kamla

2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

Your one-minute story made me ponder for many minutes. I don't cry easily, still this one came close to jerking a few drops.

3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks, Vidya!

Dear Vidya,
    I feel that I have succeeded as a writer at least in this story; to make you ponder for a while, to me is a mark of success. It also shows your high sensitivity to social issues.
    Nice to see you in IL after a long time. All of us ILites did miss you.
    regards,
    sridhar

4. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

and thanks, Sridhar

Thanks for yr post. It is good to be kinda back in IL. I will process your remark about being 'missed in IL'. I guess for some it was missed as in 'out of sight,out of mind'. And for others, as in 'absence makes the heart fonder'.

You succeeded as a writer long back when you start writing. And to a large extent, while your popularity as a writer depends on the quality (and quantity) of FB received and in cases where you make a grouch like me ponder, success is a different thing.

And on that funda, I stop.

5. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

Hiii ,

I hav written many short and long stories but i don't know how to put the fonts in tamil ... will you please help me???

6. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Hi Nalini,
    There are two ways of doing it. One is to go for a proper Tamil Software. You have quite a lot available in the market. Every software has its own keyboard layout. After 1999 the keyboard layouts have been standardised. This is called the Tamil net 99 layout. In less than 1000 Rs. you can choose the software. But then you need to get yourself trained on that. That would take some time. Spend an hour a day with the software and within a month you wil be an expert. Then you can type as as fast as you can think.
    The otherway is to get the unicode Tamil fonts. And use notepads to straightway key in. This needs a basic change in your XP configuration. You can ask your hardware engineer to help you out in this.
    I suggest you try both the methods and choose whichever comes to you easily.
    regards,
    sridhar

7. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

Thank you Mr. Sridhar...

I feel very great that you have come forward to explain me about the availability of fonts...Really its informative....
    Even i searched for tamil fonts and found a free website which converts the english writing(tamil) into tamil...You can even suggest this website for other person who need help...Once again thank you...:wave
    website is: www.jaffnalibrary.com/tools/Unicode.htm