Valentine month contest bonanza from Indusladies!

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by Vidya24, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

If the magical Wordsmith Varalotti does not win with his entry, who else will?:)

Cogratulations dear Sridhar for winning.

My congratulations to you are more for your discerning ability in recognizing the best gift ever given to you. Your father is fortunate indeed to have a wise son like you and you in turn do seem to be blessed with a good father. May your tribe increase.

L, Kamla

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Radha Venkatesh,

Congratulations on winning the contest. Your entry must have been really good if you are sharing the winning title with the likes of Varalotti!

I am looking forward to reading your entry. Great going Radha.

L, Kamla

3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Vidhi!

Thanks Vidhi Madam. In a way I did not write the entry. It wrote for itself. May be I wanted to express my gratitude and this contest provided me an outlet

I am happy that my post reminded you of your father.

Thanks once again,
    regards,
    sridhar

4. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    CONGRATS! I too liked the way u wrote and classifying the advice you had received as gifts , only you can see them as such and act on them......indded ur dad seemed to have been a visionary....and good that you listened to him and followed his advice.

5. radhavenkatesh

radhavenkatesh Silver IL'ite

:)
    My Thanks to all of you
    Mr Varalotti , Indus lady ,Chitra garu, Meenu, heena,kamala
    mine was a v simple entry and did not expect to win the contest or anything
    i thought to share few of the most innate moments when i saw the call for contest on best gift u received or gave to someone :)

6. radhavenkatesh

This was my entry :)

when i heard about the best gift a valantine could get i just thought why not tell about the worlds greatest gift i received.
    Well i dont knw if i can call him wht some name he is some one v special to me , my soulmate as i have once given him the place in my life he still is the same but i did not see him or do not knw how he looks i have just heard him on ph couple of times this was years ago not now and i think we got too busy wht our lives there was no contact frm him for years
    i was v sincere even now i do send him cards for his birthday wedding anniversary new yrs day and any spl occasion i keep him informd abt me my latest developments acheive ments bcz he is the person whom i consider my best frn and wht him i tlk everything in myslf
    this happend two years back after so many years my ym had a message frm him asking me how i am and his best wishes for the new yr and i consider tht as the worlds best gift i have ever received jst two lines frm the person whom i cherish the most inquiring how i was and his wishes to me
    i was not his life partner nor we were in touch for over years but jst we did have an liking which is beyond anybody to understand we had our own lifes still had a great friend in him yes he did not write to me or spoke to me for so many yrs but he still rememberd me i was always puzzled if he rememberd tht i existed i lived now i got an answer frm him tht my mails msgs really were being monitored by him and they were not jst going to some unopend mailbox
    whn i consider myslf for participating yes the worlds best gift one received need not be a diamond necklace frm her husband or a hug frm her child her a simple helo and enquiry made over seven seas in a ym is sufficient to give u great joy and bring tears in ur eyes tht yes someone still remembers u even after so many years inspite of silence maintained.
    i consider a gift need not be given frm a valantine on a valantines day any day any thing which makes ur heart skip a beat and makes ur pulse fast than it shd which really means to u so much is the best in ur life . i take this opportunity to just thank him for those small lines through indusladies dont knw if he wud read this or wudnt even knw bcz he might be v next to me or might be reading frm any other place in the world bcz world is so small but if he reads it maybe i have thanked him whole heartedly :)

7. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

Congratulaions on winning the contest.

I read your entry, by the time I finished reading it, my eyes were filled with tears.

"Thanthai sol mikka manthiram illai" , is very pertinent to the gifts that you received from your father. Indeed they were gifts that keeps on giving. You relationship with your father is very sacrosanct. I have learned a lot about being a parent from your entry Sridhar. Thankyou very much for that.

Regards,
    Jothi.

8. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Dear Radha,

My congrats to you. I was waiting to read your entry and i really like its simplicity. Sometimes, when we convey our feelings from the heart, simple words are what makes the difference. I liked reading your entry to this contest.

Hope to see you take part in many more.

Vandhana

9. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Meenu!

Dear Meenu,
    This entry was written about a prize and not for the prize. I ought not to have competed at all. But I wanted to record the gift I received and so came in. Thanks a lot for your kind words.
    This a.ka. is a modern acronym having a very simple meaning "also known as". When I was chosen as the best poster of the site in July 2005 for my short story "The Scar" Malathy had used the expression varalotti a.ka.sridhar. Somehow it stuck.
    Even today some ILites write to me as Varalotti aka sridhar.

sridhar

10. radhavenkatesh

dear vandhana thankyou :)
    my entry was to just thank someone wholeheartedly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.