1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

valentine day in my sons school..some ideas pl

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by kads, Feb 11, 2008.

1. kads

kads Senior IL'ite

Hi all moms,
    My sons school is celebrating valentines day and for that they have send a white paper bag at home so as to decorate it with our kid and get it on valentines day so that all the other kids of his class will put there valentine gift in that bag as my son will put in his other classmtes back..MY concern was school have asked my son to get 45 valentine for all the classmates of his class..but i dont understand what should i buy for this as should not be too big or to small so that all can fit in one big size ziplock bag as this is what sayed by his teacher ........ladies any ideas what do u buy for ur kids ..pl reply those who have experienced this with there kids AND also some idea as what can we draw or paint or any other thing can be done on the valentine bag as it has got the white base...i did browse about some ideas but was not sure as what to do as dont want to do some thing wrong or funny on his valentine bag...

Thanks in advance..

2. kads

kads Senior IL'ite

Kads again ..I just forget to tell my son is in preschool and he is 3half yrs old..but as he got 3, 4 ,5 yr old kids in his class(as this is the system in US schools)

Thanks

3. jaanu_2721

jaanu_2721 Bronze IL'ite

ask him to draw a cupid picture carrying a small heart.. and flying. it wil be soo cute. and the children of those age wil be very excited if they c the picture like cupid.here am attaching some cupid pictures just for an idea. if u like my idea plz reply me.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
  4. jaanu_2721

jaanu_2721 Bronze IL'ite

Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
  5. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Hi Kads,

At school usually , kids exchange friendship cards. You can get them in bulk in any store like Walmart, Target etc.... They come in fun characters like Winnie the Pooh, or Disney Princess, and other cartoon characters. Just have your son sign on the cards and give one each to all the kids. If the school allows, you can send one small piece of candy for each child.

Nothing too fancy. At this age, it is all about friends

Vandhana

6. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Dear Kads

I was caught unawares last Valentine's day because I did not know children celebrated this day at schools here.This time anyway,I was prepared. Like Vandhana said,most children give small cards with their names on them and some candies.Some even give small gifts.Just visit Target,Walmart etc and you will get ideas.This time I got small goody bags for each child and stuffed them with some cards,chocolates and some small toys like puzzles,mazes etc.About the bag,maybe you can just cut out some small hearts from craft paper and stick on it.For added touch,add some glitters ,ribbons etc.:idea

7. kads

kads Senior IL'ite

Thanks a lot ......
    Jaanu i liked ur idea thanks a lot will try to do something similar .
    Vandana thanks i remember ur last mail too regarding the pajama day i had asked n u replied with some sensible ideas thanks a lot this time too...

Thanks sunitha for the goodie bag idea....i too planning to do something like this as first time anything is always full of excitement and happness..Thanks a lot sunitha.Pl alwys be there when ever i need uBig Laugh

Thanks a lot onces again .I alwys feel so secured when evr i get some replies frm ladies in induladies..