1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Valentine Day A Fiction [join And Make It Great]

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunkan, Jan 27, 2008.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

Georgie is with me for the past 10yrs and he joined as small tiny fellow imp and naughty running through my fresh patch of grass and eating any leaf he can, he finished my basil in their first few prigs, now ate up all my mint leaves and curry leaves oh so naughty he was..

We have grown together now and he loves me even more, he has been orphaned in this tsunami so he stays here alone, spends his evening with the street kids playing hide and seek and helping friends pick up their things from the local shops.

He learnt how to make hot coffee and I am at bliss, nothing to worry anymore that there is none to get me the hot brew in time. We have started preparing the beds for the bell peppers and some beans, some of the chrysanthemums in bloom and some more gladioli to open their buds, the garden so well laid still I missed the red blooms, my daughter had given so many years ago, I lost in transit..

The ferns were in place and bulbs were being laid for the coming spring small lilies to bloom. I had loved the pink lilies with spots and the yellow one with red spots and was sure this spring my pathway is going to be great..

February is around and as I walked through my garden saw some wonderful big bush of red roses, now I don’t remember either planting them or making way anyway and they looked so wonderful from my terrace, I rushed down to see them and they were all so many and beautiful the scent so strong making me heady and found a tag from my little one, yes! It was Georgie written well in a small card HAPPY VALENTINE DAY what more could I ask god for his small mercies. Got to know he had purchased it long back and nursed it in his friends place to bring it over and plant it in my garden... sunkan

he is no more with me...

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Sunkan
    That was a lovely gift you got on the Valentine day. Unknown person comes into your life and gives so much of love and care is just no one can describe about it.
    It is sad to know that Georgie is no more with you. But you do have these sweet memories of him.

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Sunkan is the member who brought me to IL from Sulekha in 2007. She is such a warm hearted person and an artist to the core. She shares my birthday and never forgets to send me a lovely greeting card. This thread that Aruna has revived may not get acknowledged as she has stopped writing for IL long back. This thread is so aesthetically woven and I wonder if it got an award. But being a self motivated person, she cares little for external awards and recognition.
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dea r Sunkan,

like cheeniya, u too brought me here from sulekha in 2007. Missing u, and what a lovely gift and writing this one is.thanks Aruna for reviving this, thanks a ton.

Regards

kamal

5. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

aruna dear
    who has the time to
    dig up old friends writes?
    i had not seen this writing
    of my sis and here it is
    pulling great hearts to respond...
    and dear dear aruna
    when you went a fishing
    on old time friendly lake
    im glad you picked up this
    to bring alive again

dear sri
    IL ezhuthiya naatkal
    inimaiyaanavai
    siriya vattamaai iruntha pothu inithavai...
    valaikkul eerkkappatta pothu thinamum IL thaan...
    inru valayum perithu
    ezhuthubavar ennikkayum perithu...
    eee en per enna enru ketpathu pol
    enge en peyar endru theda vendi irukku...
    thank you for saying such beautiful words about my sis
    sathya

thank you kamalji
    sathya

6. swarnalata.N.S.

swarnalata.N.S. Platinum IL'ite

Nice memories of a person who is not with you anymore. Its ok, if there's no physical presence also, he's there in your mind. That itself is a lovely feeling.

7. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

and dear aruna sunkan was delighted to see her article revived
    sathya