1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Valarpom Thannambikai Seial - Part 6

Discussion in 'Sundays with Varalotti' started by Chitvish, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Friends,
    Today's Varamalar carries the weekly article of our Varalotti. It is titled
    ஒரு பத்திரிகை நிருபரின் முதல் வேலை.

Please go to
    Dinamalar - Varamalar

Dear Sridhar,
    Yet another powerful "revelation", conveyed with a simple example.
    The correspondendent's duty is to find out the "hidden mole-hill" in any news & make a "mountain" out of it, as you rightly put. That is where, his skill lies. He should be able to portay it, without exaggeration, but subtly & suitably
    " magnifying" it, very enjoyably as well. In the context you have mentioned, the person has gone in search of a mole hill when there has been a glaring mountain ! He has sadly missed it !!
    We tend to underestimate the opportunities that come our way & love to talk about the எட்டாக் கனி !
    Everybody should remember the saying
    வல்லவனுக்குப் புல்லும் ஆயுதம்.

Cannot help saying that you have the knack of beautifully expanding our usual sayings, which we take for granted !

Love,
    Chithra.

2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Mrs ChitVish,

Thank you for posting this link in IL.

Hello Varalotti,

This week's episode is just as motivating. I use these snippets not just to motivate myself, but also to introspect and see where I go wrong. You have taught us that opportunities do not fall plumb into our waiting, eager hands. Often times, we need to go in search of the right breaks, or even create the right breaks ourselves. I also culled another lesson that we probably need to be more cognisant and appreciative of our blessings, of what we have. Thank you for these training sessions in absentia. Looking forward to your return.

regards
    Vidya

3. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Dear Varalotti,

This week's piece is simple yet incredibly motivating.

Kayil vennai vaithu kondu neikku alaivathu...I guess in this day and age we see a lot of people doing this. Oppurtunities lie around us. We just have to grab it and use it...I try to read all your peices every week and mention these to my son. He is not ready yet to understand the depth of these snippets, but I know some day he will surely benefit from these, just like me.

Chivish,
    Thanks for posting this link.

Regards,
    Jothi.