1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Valarpom Thannambikai Seial - Part 4

Discussion in 'Sundays with Varalotti' started by Chitvish, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Friends,
    This week in his "self-motivation" serial, Varalotti discusses - "dreaming about one's life".
    It is titled
    Please go to

://www.dinamalar.com/2007mar25varamalar/ThodarKatturai.asp

கனவுகளே....கனவுகளே...அமெரிக்கக் கனவுகளே

Dear Sridhar,
    So far, you have come out with four topics - but this looks very relevant to today's youngsters.
    I really wish, this reverse trend happens very soon (somewhere, it is setting in ?).
    I loved the way you have written the last line, very much !

பாடம் கற்பிக்க வந்த நண்பர், அன்று பாடம் கற்றுக்கொண்டார்.

In our life, learning is a continuous process and very often
    The student is the teacher of a man
    as, you have aptly illustrated. Well, one has only to accept it gracefully !

Love,
    Chithra.

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Friends,
    I wish to record here, the feedback from the readers of Varamalar, for the new serial of Varalotti.

"செய்யும் தொழிலே தெய்வம்; அதில் திறமை தான் நமது செல்வம்"
    என்ற பட்டுக்கோட்டையாரின் வைரவரிகளுக்கு விளக்கமாய் அமைந்தது " வளர்ப்போம் தன்னம்பிக்கை..." என்ற தன்னம்பிக்கைத் தொடர்".

Love,
    Chithra.

3. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

That is a very good piece. It emphasises Abdul Kalam's letter which I ve posted. Let us all remember that if we all have will we can make India much much more higher than any other super power of the world.

4. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Chitra!

Dear Chitra,
    Thanks for posting the article in the forum. What you have said is true. The reverse trend has started already.

For instance a boy who finsihed his IIM A recently was offered a job by Barclays Bank, England at a salary of Rs. 65 lakhs per annum. He rejected the offer and took a job with an Indian company for a salary of Rs. 20 lakhs per annum.
    I do remember that in 1991 when India was facing its worst foreign exchange crisis the Indian leaders appealed to the NRIs to park their money in their own mother country. But many of them did not respond. They said, "you pay us more interest, we'll bring our money there." We were forced to physically move our gold reserves as a collateral for international loans just to keep us afloat. But at that time we went ahead with our liberalisation and globalisation.

Now let alone NRIs even US nationals are ready to invest, deposit in India.

Now, Chitra, as the senior most member of the forum, I have an honest question to you. I think our ILites are not interested in this serial. You just see the views. It has tanked. And looks like the graph depicting the sales of a bankrupt company.

I am just thinking, should we post this at all?

Want your views.

regards,
    sridhar

5. varalotti

Thanks Rajameenakshi!

Thanks Rajameenakshi for your kind words. I do remember reading Abdul Kalams letter you posted. But I wrote this piece much earlier. I first wrote it as a short story but the magazines did not want it. So I have given it as a motivational essay.

What you said is actually happening.

thanks once again,
    sridhar

6. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    this week also te article is good. I am not against people going abroad to work or live, but that only should not be one's goal in life. If one gets a good oppurtunity hereitself, why not take it?
    The younger generation with much potential, should dream like that Parthibhan and make other Westerners to stand in queue to come to India.

7. varalotti

Thanks Varloo!

Dear Varloo,
    Already things have started moving in that direction. Infosys is employing a lot of American nationals in their Bangalore office.
    The day is not far off, Varloo.
    When Aravind comes of age this is likely to be the reality.

Thanks, Varloo.
    regards,
    sridhar

8. varalotti

Requesting Leave Of Absence!

Most Gracious ILites,

Greetings from Varalotti.

Owing to some professional and writing commitments I am now constrained to take a short break from IL. As of now I cannot say how long will I be away. But I am hopeful it might not be longer than a month.

If you want to reach me during this absence you are most welcome to pm me. I will definitely read your messages. I always maintain a five minutes swtich-gap between one task and another, whether the tasks are professional, personal or related to writing. I will use that time to read your pms and reply to them if called for.

In addition to fulfilling my commitments I will also use the time to re-organise my materials, to organise my thoughts so that when I come back after a gap, I will have some thing new, some thing fresh to share with you. I will try to change the wine; but if it is not possible, rest assured, I will at least change the bottle.

With the kind of affection I have been enjoying from you all along I am sure that you will bear with me for this absence.

With love and affection,
    Varalotti

9. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Dear Varalotti,

This is a very apt piece for the present globalisation and economic development going on in India. People coming to the US has now decreased and poeple going back to India is increasing every day. I am one of them... GO INDIA....

Regards,
    Jothi.