Vaginal Stiching & Periods

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by AnithaPartha, Dec 18, 2009.

1. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Lee,

Removing stiches.. I dont think so in USA.. MY DH asked nurse reg this question in hosp and she said that am lucky to be informed that stiches wont be removed.. Looks like they get disolved by itself.. Latest design seems..

2. AnithaPartha

Akumar,

There is no way like that to reduce tummy like that.. Its old method.. I asked this question also to nurse and she said tummy will get reduced by its own and nothing else ca help like.. But am planning to gym after asking my GYN..

3. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Anitha,

What kind of tear did you have?I had a fourth degree tear and was almost healed by 4 weeks,and when I went for a post partum check up,the stiches had dissolved and healed.

Do you have the sitz bath and did you clean up the perinum with warm water(not hot water)?

When you go for a postpartum checkup the doctor will check your vagina to see the stiches and also the uterus has returned to the smaller size.

Don't worry about the bleeding,It will be there then and there for few months or stopped and then reappear again,unless you don't have a heavy bleeding,you have nothing to worry about.With BF it appears then and there .

4. AnithaPartha

Thanks Manju !!
    I do not know what kind of tear I had.. Confused.. GYN never told me about this.. I think I had a normal tear then.. :rant

Coming thurs I have my GYN appointment..
    reg, sitz bath - is that the one sitting on a big bowl of warm water one?? I was asked to do but I never did that after coming home(did once in hosp only).. any issue if i dont do that dear?

5. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Anitha seiths just helps in healing the stitches faster and relieves the pain. I didn't have dissoluble stitches my SIL had a light therapy for dissoluble stitches.
    Don't worry in case you have not been doing the hot seiths i.e immersing the vagina in warm water then you can do it starting today. Better late than never.

6. paanzaa

paanzaa Gold IL'ite

Take some additional protein content. Protein would heal wounds and stitches.

7. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

No problem Anitha,if you don't do the sitz bath.It helps to heal that's it.Yes that's the one.

If they didn't mention,then it might be a normal tear with first or second degree.It must have healed now.

8. AnithaPartha

Thanks Lee !
    Manju - GYN asked me to do sitz bath for 3weeks. But I did only once in hosp and never did after coming home.. Yday did once.. Tomo morng I have my GYN appoinment and i will see what she says.. :)

If we dont do also it will heal by itself na? between, hw is madhu & samrudh doing?

Last edited: Dec 24, 2009