1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Vacuum cleaners

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by geetha mahesh, Mar 30, 2010.

1. geetha mahesh

geetha mahesh Bronze IL'ite

I want to buy a vacuum cleaner to my one bed room apartment.The old one I have is eureka tiny handle which hardly has power to suck..so would like some input..

I checked in walmart they have sale of Dirt Devil and Bissell.I read the reviews and I am confused.Any suggesstions welcome.

thanks

geetha

2. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

How long do you need it to last? Will you use it at another residence later?

3. geetha mahesh

geetha mahesh Bronze IL'ite

Yes hopefully the one I buy will last long enough!!..

I finally bought one Bissell Powerforce..was 46$ in WALMART.It is just working great..I filled three bags of carpet dust with this..cannpot believe I lived in such a stinky place..

4. monapaul

monapaul New IL'ite

i agree with geetha mahesh that bissell is the best for lesser . i had great experience in buying in vacuumcleaners, becos i had dust allergy . i used to take medicines like anything. when i bought this BISSEL momentum from bjs it comes without bag only big container,easy for discarding and cleaning,handling . when i used first time omg!! i saw so much dust accumulated under the carpet got filled within few minutes , and the carpet looking so bright and very soft to walk. really it made a difference. it has HEPA too.
    every 6 months i either i hadto change the vacuum cleaner or buy make myself calm with medicines. i write so much becos i had worst experience,.nobody shud suffer like this.:)

5. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

I vote for Bisell.I am having it for almost 4 years and no issues.Bagless and no issues.