1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Vaccination in UK

Discussion in 'Infants' started by rojaramesh2005, Sep 2, 2008.

1. rojaramesh2005

rojaramesh2005 New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Any one have idea about vaccination in UK. Generally we a child born in India, they will give Hepatites B vaccine immediately (My first child born in India and they gave Hepatites-B Vaccine). Now my second child born in UK and they haven't given this hepatites-B vaccine. When I check with doctors, they said it is not necessory. Please could any one advice me?

And what about Polio (Drops or vaccine). My child is now 1month old. Until now they didn't give any vaccines (not even polio - other than Vitamin K. They gave Vit K injection when he born).

Please could any one advice me?

Thanks in advace,
    Roja.

2. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Hi Roja,
    Yes in Uk they do not give hepat-B vaccine.It differs from country to country.They give Menc and Pnemococcal vaccine which is not much prevailant in India.In India its oral polio drops.In Uk they give in inactive form(by injecting).I am sure they will help you and give a list of vaccinations in NHS or the hospital you delivered.Please contact them.

3. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Roja - Immunization schedules vary enormously from country to country depending on the diseases seen in that country and the age at which they occur in that community. Here is the UK schedule Immunisation - Immunisation schedule
    According to this the first injection is only at 2 mnths. So dont worry - go by the local schedule. If you are coming back to India for good at any point the schedule can be adjusted then.

Vanathi.