1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Vacation idea please...........

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sanjithaa, Apr 15, 2015.

1. sanjithaa

sanjithaa New IL'ite

hi friends,
    We are planning for a vacation for 3-4 days in may.My DH has left this job to me from place to bookings.......:eek:mg:...........I am really really blank because I havent done this before...........Can you people suggest me some good ideas I prefer a trip in south india preferably train...I dont think hill stations will be possible now since peak time..but any options?And also trying to avoid places too hot.........I think you people can definitely give better ideas.......need guidance from train,places to visit etc....suggestions pls.........

2. pear

pear Gold IL'ite

Kanyakumari- sun rise,sunset,boating to three seas merging destination,vivekananda rock,thiruvalluvar rock (opt for "sea view"named hotel facing the sea if you could afford it)

pondicherry- portugese colony with sea view hotels and european style township,aurobindo ashram

Goa-sea food,beautiful sea shores,plenty of churches , portugese colony setup just like pondycherry

bangalore&mysore(karnataka)- gardens,majestic palaces,historic temples,zoo.............

kerela-have an excellent collection of tour packages from KCTC its govt run tour promoters,kochi ernakulam is a cool distination or you could opt for some massage treatments with pleasant lake view point destinations,boat houses.

Madurai,Rameshwaram,tanjore and chidambaram are some of the religious destinations in tamilnadu.

2 people like this.
  3. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

We went to srisailam thru AP state govt tourism. It was well organised we need to pay and relax and everything from hotel to food is taken care of. Try that option

1 person likes this.
  4. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

1 person likes this.
  5. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Coonoor, Yercaud, Yelagiri, Theni, Courtrallam, Munnar are relatively cooler places to visit now. You have bus and train facility to all these places.

Silent Valley in Kerala/Coimbatore border, Mysore area (Ranganthittu bird sanctuary, Mudumalai forest reserve is also nice.

Then there is Coorg, absolutely breathtaking scenery, coffee plantations, house stays, warm people and a hillstation.

2 people like this.
  6. sanjithaa

sanjithaa New IL'ite

thankyou @pear,@abc00,@Suryakala,@butterflyice for ur time..........coorg i too thought of it and when i chked weather right now its 30 deg.......and ideal time is also oct-april it seems.....also moonar, ooty,kodai,some parts of kerala ,madurai,trichy,kutralam i have done with.....will chk out other options......But ypu ppl have given me so many options :) ......will try to chk on that......and any less explored areas you ppl are aware of?

7. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Need more ideas ladies...............

Even I am looking for some options.

OP, Do post your decision and experience without fail.

1 person likes this.
  8. sanjithaa

sanjithaa New IL'ite

Also done with goa, pondicherry too.......@abc00 srisailam may i know what are the places they cover? how many days?kanyakumari,rameshwaram is in my wishlist for a long time......:thankyou2: .........let me chk.........

9. ChillySnow

ChillySnow New IL'ite

Munnar and Wayanad are really a cool place..

1 person likes this.
  10. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

There is Dandeli wildlife resort. The west coast near Belgaum to Pune through the monsoons is one the most beautiful experiences ever.

North east India is a jewel not much explored. Meghalaya, Sikkim , Tripura , Assam are all too green, chock with mountains and mist and enjoy salubrious climate.

Lakshadweep, andamans, Vizag and of course Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand (Mussoorie, Dehra), Kashmir all are beautiful places.

1 person likes this.