1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Using 'sposies in summer

Discussion in 'Infants' started by sri112, Mar 14, 2010.

1. sri112

sri112 Junior IL'ite

Hello ladies,

I have a 10 month old daughter. I have been using 'sposies on her only at nights(Pampers) since birth. However since almost a week it has become really hot and humid here.Can i continue using sposies on her as i get a feeling that she is not comfortable in it coz of the climate. Any special care needs to be taken during this time??

Sri.

2. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

sri i hv lived in mumbai for major part of my life n i know how miserable it gets in summers.... but i think sposies at nights shouldnt be a problem...make sure the moment she is up in the morning first thing u do is remove her diaper and let her be diaper free for a good amount of time...

we use pocket diapers and sometimes sposies at nights and either way, we give her lots of diaper free time in the morning... infant these days 50% of the time DD is diaper free,during the day esp while playing... and her bum is 100 % rash free

also make sure u use a good barrier cream containing zinc oxide ... and use that liberally before putting the sposie on, on her.
    while giving her bath in the morning, wipe it off gently with warm water.

a rash free baby is a happy baby :)

3. sri112

sri112 Junior IL'ite

Hi Pooh,

Thanks for your suggestions. Yes DD is diaper free the entire day (except of course while travelling). She too doesn't have any rashes till date,but due to this terrible heat was wondering whether to continue using sposies at night.Also off late her bum has a turned a shade darker as compared to other body parts.Could that be due to the daipers? I haven't changed the diaper brand.
    I use the Mothercare diaper rash cream on her.

And yes very correctly said "a rash free baby is a happy baby :) " :thumbsup

4. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Hi Sri,

Try giving your LO free time during the night. Either cover with a cloth or use cloth panty or hoisery panty with one insert. Most kids don't urinate at night. DD too has a darker shade, but most often it is becoz of the free time we give and there is hardly and free time on the diaper areas for LO's most of the time they are tied to the diapers.
    Wipro has cloth feel diapers, haven't tried them though. During the day too cloth/ hoisery panties with a cloth will do good this summer.