1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Using diaper for two month baby

Discussion in 'Infants' started by deebajegan, Feb 6, 2014.

1. deebajegan

deebajegan New IL'ite

Hi can any one please tell me that we can use diaper for two months baby at night time only? I'm scared to use it. Will it harm baby ?

2. aniShekar

aniShekar Platinum IL'ite

Disposable diapers are not harmful, if you change them regularly. I've used them for both my boys since they were 2-3 weeks old, without any problems. Just make sure you change them every 2 hours (whenever you get up to feed him), even if the diaper doesn't look dirty, and of course, at once if he's done a poop, or if diaper feels heavier. Ask your doctor if she can recommend some moisturizing cream, if you're very concerned. |And make sure to use good quality wet wipes/soft cloth, for cleaning him.
    Don't worry - baby will be fine :)

1 person likes this.
  3. deebajegan

deebajegan New IL'ite

Thank you ani for ur reply

4. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Hi dear,

We used disposable nappies on my daughter from the day she was born till she was 27 months old. She has been fine.

Like aniShekar has said, during the day you need to change the baby every 2-3 hours, and immediately after every dirty nappy.

If you are using it only at night, there are night nappies you get which can go 12 hours without changing. In my opinion, it is better since the baby is at least dry and can sleep undisturbed. I was advised to not change the nappy at night (unless she had pooped) so that the baby can continue sleeping without extra disturbance.

If you are using nappies, do not apply any extra barrier creams as a routine. In case she gets a nappy rash, there are nappy creams available which will help protect the sore area from getting worse.

1 person likes this.
  5. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

Used them from day one. Keep changing often and apply rash cream at even the slightest sign of a rash.

6. Yahooo

Yahooo Silver IL'ite

Is not good to use rash cream always? I till now apply desitin on my sons bum after each nappy change. Kindly advise.

7. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

OP, its perfectly fine to use diapers. I have been using them since day one on my baby. I think you are more about nights but these days there are night time diapers available. They can be left longer than the regular one's which we change 3-4 hours. Night time diapers can be left longer.

1 person likes this.
  8. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

yahoo, I have not used rash cream unless there was a redness or rash. What I have used/using for every diaper change is the daily non-medicated cream to keep the moisture away. This is supposed to prevent rash. In the event she did get a redness (she never had rash. touch wood), only then i used rash cream.

9. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Even when I was in India, I used to make my baby wear diapers throughout. I would suggest you to change the diaper after 5-6 hours in the night. The diapers in India are less absorbent (of different material) compared to the ones in US. Whenever you use diaper either use powder or corn starch. Yes I am suggesting powder because it absorbs the moisture and helps in preventing rashes (in India).

1 person likes this.
  10. deebajegan

deebajegan New IL'ite

Thank u all. Now iam satisfied.