Useful info for expecting moms...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by sonu_627, Feb 22, 2006.

1. maha

maha Senior IL'ite

Re: useful info for pregnant woman

Hi Anu,

Thats so nice of u..Expecting many more useful info from u..Pl keep up ur good job..:hatsoff

2. Tips during Pregnancy

i am carrying, this is my 6th month. sometimes i feel the movement of my baby, sometimes it is very calm. is it normal in pregnancy.....??? is there any fun ways to find if i have a girl or boy because doctor told it is illegal to tell the sex of the baby in india..
    Any expertise help me.
    With Regards
    VasanthiSriram

3. shobabu

shobabu New IL'ite

Re: Tips during Pregnancy

hi vasanthi,

congratulations and all the best for a safe easy delivery.whenever i know of a pregnant lady i usually wonder whether it will be a girl or boy and generally there is a saying that if u look more beautiful than before ie healthy and glowing it will be a girl and if more tired and worn out it will be a boy...now there may be no truth in this but definitely a fun method and 90 % of the time i have been proved right...so try it
    shobha

4. Re: Tips during Pregnancy

Thanks Shoba for ur suggestion.

5. vidhya parani

vidhya parani Senior IL'ite

hi vasanthi,
    congratulations on your pregnancy....it is quite normal for the baby to be active sometimes and quiet sometimes...imagine it must be sleeping cozily when quiet...by 8th month, here they give a movement chart to fill up everyday...that is between 7 in the morning and 7 in the evening the baby is suppoed to move atleast 10 times...if not it is better to go for a checkup...u can note this everyday till delivery...

and in my case everyone told me that i was going to have a girl since i looked very healthy and nice when pregnant..it was true and i have a girl...but the most thrilling part was to ask the nurse the next second after she was born if it was a boy or a girl...(i had a normal delivery) they showed me her lower part and asked me to find out! so the first thing i saw of my baby was her lower part....:wink:

all the best for the thrilling experience! i wish u a safe delivery!

6. sharadha

sharadha Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vasanthi,

Congrats and take care. I am just copy pasting the tips which was already given in this forum. FYI
    • Soak 7 almonds at night, peel in the morning and have along with a glass of milk
    • Eat at least 4 fruits per day.
    • Pomegranate , spinach,prunes and beetroot are very good if u are anaemic.
    • Eat fibre rich foods- like cereals - Muesli, iron fortified cornflakes, special k , oatmeal.
    • Have at least 2 glasses of milk per day
    • Avoid Spicy, oily and chilli food, all this causes heartburn in the second trimester.
    • Eat mint leaves.
    • Eat a bowl of salad everyday
    • Eat Yoghurt everyday
    • Avoid windy vegetables during pregnancy and after delivery as well,like cauliflower and radish .
    • Try and have Milk with saffron in it. It is very healthy for the baby as well.
    • Eat dry fruits like walnuts, raisins, prunes,dates,pistachios and almonds.
    • Eat Brown Bread. Avoid refined flour as much as possible.
    • In the wheat flour add some soya flour, its very healthy and rich in iron as well
    • Have fresh juices
    • Avoid Tea, coffee and Aerated drinks. Have fresh juices, lassi, or herbal teas if u like.
    • Avoid Deep fried foods
    • Avoid junk food.
    • Eat Freshly cooked nutritious food
    • If you feel like snacking munch on a cucumber or carrot rather than french fries or unhealthy food
    • Eat Broccoli- its the storehouse of lots of vitamins and minerals
    • Eat Healthy Wheat biscuits, like digestive biscuits.
    • Drink Lots and Lots of water- at least 1 and 1/2 litres to 2 litres everyday
    • Eat Smaller meals during the day, to avoid Gastric problem and also to reduce morning sickness
    • Resist the temptation for cakes, pastries and extra sweet desserts.
    • Cut down on your salt intake, to avoid water retention and swelling of the feet.
    A healthy fresh diet will contribute to your and your baby`s health, and will not add unnecessary weight to your body which is difficult to get rid of after delivery.Happy Pregnancy!!![​IMG].

Enjoy each and every moment of your pregnancy. Try to talk to your baby everyday.

7. rami_nk

rami_nk New IL'ite

Hi Vasanthi,

Congratulations and try this link :) Gender Prediction Quiz simple questions abt ur likes dislikes during the pregnancy to predict the sex of the baby. I am also in my 6th month of pregnancy. It worked for me. Last week we found the baby sex. In US they will let you know your baby sex.

Sharada thanks a lot for the detailed list of healthy food. But its really hard for me to control the junk food :) will try hard....

Regards,
    Rami

8. Geetha Iyer

Geetha Iyer New IL'ite

Pregnancy and Related topics-Warning signs during pregnancy

<TABLE style="TABLE-LAYOUT: fixed" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%"><TD vAlign=top width="85%" height="100%">WARNING SIGNS DURING PREGNANCY

Most of the pregnancies are uneventful. However during every stage of pregnancy problems may be encountered in a few women. It is best to be aware of those emergencies which can happen at any time. However there are a few warning signs that should ring the alarm bells. Contact your obstetrician immediately if you notice any of the following

1. Abnormal spotting or vaginal bleeding: This may be an indication of ectopic pregnancy or
    pre-term labor.
    2. Frequent uterine contractions and cramps may herald a pre term labor any time between the 20th and 36th week.
    3. Severe abdominal pain or cramps may precede pre term labor or ectopic gestation.
    4. Watery discharge form the vagina is caused by rupture of the bag or membranes or
    pre term labor.
    5. A decrease in fetal movements after 20 weeks of gestation can be due to foetal distress.
    6. Intense headaches and problems in vision can be due to high blood pressure.
    7. Fever and chills are indications of infection.

Some amount of stretching of the ligaments and loosening of the joints of the pelvis is common during pregnancy and can cause pain and cramps. However, it is always ideal to err on the safer side and inform your obstetricin immediately.
    <TD class=smalltext vAlign=bottom width="85%">

9. Geetha Iyer

Geetha Iyer New IL'ite

Pregnancy and Related topics-Looking beautiful in pregnancy

LOOKING BEAUTIFUL IN PREGNANCY

Pregnancy is one of the the most exciting phases that a woman alone can ever go through. Everyone at home are so concerned and a pregnant woman even in an average income household is pampered to the maximum extent. If it's the first baby the joy knows no bounds. In most of the elite households in any advanced society no one is bothered about the sex of the child. Even in less developed countries, sex determination tests have been banned. And a baby's arrival is a joy for all.

However, the woman's body goes through a lot of physiological changes and the figure and body image are a bit transformed from the cute figurine side to a somewhat shapeless physique. The breasts enlarge and the waist disappears and in the later stages one may even appear waddling. Still, all this is worth and the moment one holds her own child in her hands everything else becomes less important.

A woman looks gorgeous and glowing during the initial few months of conception and pregnancy. The skin and hair look great and healthy. Wearing comfortable brasiers to support the enlarging breasts and lose cotton clothing will be a blessing in hot tropical and subtropical countries.

On the diet front,there is no bar on any anything except may be charcoal, as long as you are careful about the gain in weight that is normal for the duration of pregnancy. Avoiding spicy food during bed time and taking plenty of fresh vegetables and fruits will help avoid constipation. Avoiding smoking and alcohol are a must. So is restricting coffee,tea, chocolates and ice creams. Taking frequent small meals is better than rigid three time square meals.

Keeping the mind calm is essential. Certain exercises will help you keep refreshed with good healthy sleep and alert waking hours.

10. santasekar

santasekar Senior IL'ite

Re: Pregnancy and Related topics-Looking beautiful in pregnancy

Hi Geetha

All what u have said is true ......the thought that a new life is going to come to the world through us will automatically boost up our happiness and will be shown on our face ......

All Pregnant Ladies .........be happy and enjoy your pregnancy !!!

Regards
    Santasekar