US travel alert - warns against to travel AP

Discussion in 'Andhra Pradesh' started by Priya_Mommy, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

ILites,
    Alarming signs for AP -Apprehending a Mumbai-type terrorist attack in various parts of India, the US on Tuesday alerted its citizens to be cautious during their visit to that country and asked them to defer their travel to Andhra Pradesh as violence continues over issue of a separate Telangana state.
    This is the third travel alert issued by the United States in quick session.
    "The US Government continues to receive information that terrorist groups may be planning attacks in India. Terrorists and their sympathisers have demonstrated their willingness and capability to attack targets where Americans or Westerners are known to congregate or visit," the travel alert said.
    "In addition, there continues to be a possibility of violence in the south-central Indian state of Andhra Pradesh over the contentious issue of creating a separate state," the State Department said.
    This alert replaces the travel alerts dated October 29 and December 9, 2009, and expires on January 31, 2010, it said.
    Recent media reports coming from intelligence agencies indicated that suicide bombers have entered India with the objective of creating Mumbai-type mayhem.
    "The November 2008 attacks in Mumbai provided a vivid reminder that hotels and other public places are especially attractive targets for terrorist groups. US citizens are urged always to practise good security, maintain a heightened situational awareness and a low profile," the travel alert said.
    Americans are advised to monitor local news reports and consider the level of security present when visiting public places, including religious sites, or choosing hotels, restaurants, entertainment and recreation venues, it said.
    The US said there is also the possibility of violence in Andhra Pradesh as civil unrest continues over the contentious issue of statehood for the Telangana region.
    The state department recommends that US citizens defer all non-essential travel to Telangana and certain parts of Hyderabad (especially the Assembly and Secretariat, Osmania University, Panjagutta, and Ameerpet areas).
    "Andhra Pradesh continues to experience episodic civil unrest as pro and anti-statehood political groups rally supporters to their respective causes," it said.
    "A number of strikes have shut down schools and businesses, making it at times difficult to obtain essentials such as gasoline.
    Protesters have targeted public transportation, attacking trains and burning numerous buses. Public transport networks have been forced to shut down several times," the State Department said.
    "There have been repeated clashes between police and protesters, damage to private property, and a number of deaths and injuries associated with the disturbances. Government security forces have been augmented in many parts of the state, especially in Hyderabad and in the Telangana region," said the travel alert.

2. Raji01

Raji01 Bronze IL'ite

i have started feeling jealous of my sister and brother who are in USA and i am here amidst all chaos and confusion. this is not fair .oh god! every time we go out we are scared that we may not return home. is this independence? suddenly i feel uprooted. i have told my dh it's time we should say goodbye to hyderabad. but he smiles and says no. being a central govt. employee, it is not possible. even my kids are getting exposed to dirty politics. hope god punishes all those who are behind all this confusion.

3. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Raji01,

This is all done for Political gain. The state is currently lacking an effective leader to keep everyone is control. I am sure things will settle soon and everything will be alright. The people causing all chaos do not realise that its the common man who is affected bcoz of this. Students get impressed by nasty politics and get into violence. There are FIR's filed against many students many students do not know during background checks the company will not recruit if there is a police record for the student. Not everyone gets gove. job and this is a strict rule in all private companies.
    I pray almighty that all settles down soon,.

4. Raji01

Raji01 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Radha
    you are right,students are getting into politics. but what are their parents doing? encouraging them!?:rant don't they realise that these politicians are just using their kids for their own benefit? teenage is a very delicate stage. parents should always have an eye on their kids and guide them. otherwise their future will be damaged .