US Stock market discussions

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by shravanthika, Jan 8, 2008.

1. mbrownie

mbrownie New IL'ite

Hi All,

Iam on H4.Can i do online trading on behalf of my hubby who is on H1b?

After going through the previous posts i have come to know about the reliablity of Ameritrade and Scottrade,but do we have to pay any registration fee or is there a minimum account balance to be maintained in our bank?

Is the market suitable now for new traders like me?

2. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Yes! you can register the account on your husbands name (a/c activation needs SSN# and bank account details) and use that a/c for daily trading.
    I do not know about Ameritrade, but Scottrade has no joining fee but there is a min. amount you have to start with i.e 500$. every transaction will be charged 7$ fee. 7$ for buying and 7$ for selling

Right now most of the market is in down state...you can start investing small amounts and start trading...or you can look at penny stocks if you want to see immediate gain. However the market is very voltaile now...so do good research before you start buying/selling.

ING bank gives free sharebuilder a/c and there is no min. a/c balance.....try to check if you can open a bank a/c there and in turn get a free trading a/c.

3. itsjustme

itsjustme Silver IL'ite

Hi I am an h4 too.. can u give more specifics from scratch...