1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Urine Infection - Did Anyone Have Same Issue?

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by amulya2020, Dec 11, 2023.

1. amulya2020

amulya2020 Silver IL'ite

Hi ILs,

These days I’m having UTI when I travel India. This was only during my last 2 visits from overall 4 or 5 visits to India till now. I have consulted doctor, they mentioned it would be due unhygienic conditions in flights we travel. But what I don’t understand I didn’t had any issues during my initial days of travel but started observe only during my recent travels.

Last time was worse, keeping that in mind I tried to avoid using restrooms with direct contact in flights as much as I can but still it came back during my last visit.

Surprisingly it got subsided or reduced within 2 weeks once I’m back to US. It might not be correct but somehow I feel we use tissue and to clean after done with urination and I heard that usually prolonged wet vagina promotes chances of infection where we mostly use water clean after urination in India.

Sometimes I used to urine infection when I was in India but that was just confined to itchiness or discharge. But thes UTI that I’m getting these days are really irritating and headache as they are making me looked puffed or swelled face or body ( like I put on more weight) and tired most of the time. I am really sick of this because we hardly get chance to visit India due to work, distance, expenses of travel and etc. when we visit India with lot of hopes and plans to do things and visit family and the health consumes most of our time is really disheartening and annoying.

Could anyone let me know if you had similar experience with health issue and what did you do to minimize the chances of urine infection.

Appreciate your responses and suggestions in advance.

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

You should ask for a urine culture so they can give you specific antibiotics. It is risky to leave UTI untreated or improperly treated since it can turn into a systemic infection.
    Do you drink less water while traveling, and also go for long stretches without using the bathroom while you are in India? One thing you could try is to carry some hygienic wipes since toilet paper is not always available in public places.
    D-mannose+cranberry extract is quite effective as a preventative when taken regularly. There are several brands available on Amazon.

amulya2020 likes this.
  3. amulya2020

amulya2020 Silver IL'ite

I have used the medication during the first visit, it got treated and I haven’t used them again. But when I got the infection again during my 2nd travel, I had to visit doctor again but it was little delayed as I was not aware of it as I thought I just put on weight and have fatigues due to travel.

No, actually I don’t usually hold and try to use restroom when needed.

Sure, will try to take the juice and thank you for the suggestion. :blush:Do you suggest any brand that is effective?

4. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I have used Solaray D-mannose+cranactin capsules but any similar brand will work.

amulya2020 likes this.
  5. amulya2020

amulya2020 Silver IL'ite

Okay, will look for it. Thanks!

6. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Start on cranberry tablets ahead of trip
    reduce sugar and acidic food
    drink lots of water
    For me I had UTI once and doctor did a urine culture and found the bacteria and gave antibiotics for that one. I also had a high fever and pain during urination.
    Are you sure yours is not yeast infection ? Most of your symptoms look like yeast infection.

amulya2020 likes this.
  7. amulya2020

amulya2020 Silver IL'ite

Sure, actually it would be great if I can actually prevent it or at least minimize the chances of re-occurring or severity. Thanks for the suggestion.

I think I had once yeast infection when I was referring to itchiness. The other time it was bacterial infection.

8. sudha74

sudha74 New IL'ite

Contact near by HOMEOPATHY DOCTOR.

THERE'S A MEDICINE IN HOMEOPATHY FOR UTI
    A SINGLE DOSE WILL CURE

9. sudha74

sudha74 New IL'ite

Contact near by HOMEOPATHY DOCTOR. THERE IS A MEDICINE FOR UTI IN HOMEOPATHY. A SINGLE DOSE WILL CURE..