Urgently i need ur help

Discussion in 'Tamil Nadu' started by Ooviya, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

V r going to do, for our new home-nelai vaikum function( in Tamil)on coming 18th.( main door frame fixing function). It's our First home. I don't know, what is d exact procedure and formalities for it?

I want to do all formalities in traditionally. Thats y i need ur help .Builder told v take care all. He told "Navarathnam stones"- duplicate around Rs.300, put into under the frame. Is it must? Where can i get it from Chennai? How much?
    Is any colour cloth should be tie up in the frame on that day?

I hope any one guide me clearly ASAP..

2. vids

vids Senior IL'ite

Congrats on your new home :)
    You can get the navarathnam stones from any reputed jewelry shop - like GRT...they have a bunch of small precious stones. If you tell them you need for this purpose, they'll show you - its a pretty standard thing.

Am not sure whether this is the traditional way or not, but this is what we did:
    After the pooja,put the stones inside..then each person (mostly elders whose blessings are needed and whoever is going to live in the house) pour little milk & throw a handful of navadhaniyam inside..
    We decorated the teak wood frame with chandan & kumkum and tied yellow & red cloths.

Guess someone else may give more inputs to do in traditional way!

3. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

thank u so much vids!