1. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Urgently i need ur help

Discussion in 'Tamil Nadu' started by Ooviya, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

V r going to do, for our new home-nelai vaikum function( in Tamil)on coming 18th.( main door frame fixing function). It's our First home. I don't know, what is d exact procedure and formalities for it?

I want to do all formalities in traditionally. Thats y i need ur help .Builder told v take care all. He told "Navarathnam stones"- duplicate around Rs.300, put into under the frame. Is it must? Where can i get it from Chennai? How much?
    Is any colour cloth should be tie up in the frame on that day?

I hope any one guide me clearly ASAP..

2. vids

vids Senior IL'ite

Congrats on your new home :)
    You can get the navarathnam stones from any reputed jewelry shop - like GRT...they have a bunch of small precious stones. If you tell them you need for this purpose, they'll show you - its a pretty standard thing.

Am not sure whether this is the traditional way or not, but this is what we did:
    After the pooja,put the stones inside..then each person (mostly elders whose blessings are needed and whoever is going to live in the house) pour little milk & throw a handful of navadhaniyam inside..
    We decorated the teak wood frame with chandan & kumkum and tied yellow & red cloths.

Guess someone else may give more inputs to do in traditional way!

3. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

thank u so much vids!