1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

urgent response needed plssssss

Discussion in 'Infants' started by jhalli27, Jun 2, 2010.

1. jhalli27

jhalli27 Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,
    I need urgent inputs.

DD is 6 mnth 3 wk old. Since the last 3 hrs she is very disturbed. Dunno wat it is but she is not sleeping on the bed.the moment I even lift her she starts howling and real hard. She is comfortable in only my lap. But it's been 3 hrs now and still she cries if I put her down. She is very sleepy and sleeping great . But my legs are aching like mad.

I'm worried ... Is she catching something??? Teething? Back pain? Fever? Cold? Or just plain tantrums?

2. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

Not sure though....Did you check her diaper area? Does she have any rash there? Or any rash on the body? Did you feed her any new solid food? If so may be she is having indigestion or stomach pain?? How is her bowel movement? Is she having her feedings normally?

Sometimes there is no reason. LO's need just comfort. May be she is having one of those days...
    DS is 10 months old and he still has some of those days..

Hope she feels better soon..

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  3. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Any recent vaccinations? Any fever, new teeth? Any new food introduced in the night for dinner? These thing usually kept DS up that we had a checklist after a while. It is a while since you asked the question and I hope you did have a better night after that.

4. jhalli27

jhalli27 Bronze IL'ite

ikka and sudha,

thanks for the replies.
    frankly, we did not give her any new solids yest. i even checked her tummy for colic.. but it was soft. she passed bowel at 5 pm IST, and they were fine. so thats also ruled out.

only thing i feel may be.. teething?? dunno.

finally - she was on my lap for close to 4 hrs. and then when in deep slumber, i put her down. was fine this morning when i left to work...

anyways, now its over. thank god. only that im left with a splitting headache due to sleep of only 3 hrs!! but DD is fine and that makes me go on :)

thank u all!

5. Padminiramesh

Padminiramesh Senior IL'ite

Jhalli,

I am here with you. This is what exactly happened yesterday with my LO.
    He was all disturbed, didnt took lunch and dinner...always wanted me to be with him. It is not colic...i was worrying about ear infection and called up Vanathi and she suggested me to go to a Pedi...so took him there and he said nothing harm, may be some stomach pain. The same episode started again today, dont know how i am going to handle him today.
    In my case the possible reasons are
    1. New baby care taker
    2. Took head bath.

dont worry things will be alrite soon.

6. mahiramki

mahiramki Gold IL'ite

check her bed too, if there is any ant or insect . diaper rash may also be a reason . is the room temp. comfortable? check it out .

7. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

pls chk the date of the post before replying, its an old post!