Urgent info needed regd Jack fruit

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by skyinsc, Nov 5, 2013.

1. skyinsc

skyinsc Silver IL'ite

I absolutely love eating jack fruit:) Today i saw ripe jackfruit in a asian store and i just couldnt stop myself and bought it. But i am not sure if i can eat it in my 3rd trimister. When we were TTC my MIL said jackfruit is absolute no no but i am not sure if it is really true or not. Have you been advised not to have jackfruit.please pour in your suggestions ladies. Its very urgent as i have it in front of me right now and trying hard not to get tempted to eat it:confused2:

2. janbornchild

janbornchild Silver IL'ite

I am just 5 weeks pregnant and Jackfruit is my absolute favourite. But my MIL and Mom asked me to avoid three fruits throughout pregnancy - pappaya, pineapple and jackfruit. I would rather err on the side of caution than regret later. Since you are in your third semester already, why not just for few more weeks before you gorge on your favourite fruit??

I wish you a healthy and safe pregnancy

3. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

Just call your doc and find out.. I would think anything in moderation is okay.
    Plus what applies in India, doesn't apply here.
    Like papaya is no no there, maybe due to India's weather, but here my doc says its ok.
    So ask your doc, and if she okays it, then have in moderation I feel.
    My belief is to have anything we crave for :)

4. skyinsc

skyinsc Silver IL'ite

Thank you janbornchild and SM for your inputs. i left a message to my doc and awaiting reply. But i am most probably sure that she will say it is ok to have jackfruit (of course in moderation) as I am an eggiterian she said/ always says i can have almost anything without any restrictions (there are certain restrictions in non veg food which are strict no no according to her)

5. skyinsc

skyinsc Silver IL'ite

Looks like my doc felt my question is too silly to reply back and i didnt get any call from her. I did lot browsing online and most of them said in moderation jack fruit is ok ( some even said it is in fact healthy to have it) so I caved in and had 1 piece per day for past 2 days and i am fine and glad as i didnt notice any issues yumsmiley