1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Urgent: How to handle this situation

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by sweety127, Sep 13, 2012.

1. suryabalajinr

suryabalajinr Junior IL'ite

This will be my choice if i were you: may be you should go and attend that party as she called you..see if she is bothering you in the party. you ll get to know whether she has called you for helping the household chores or its real friendship.if she is friendly and you being interested, can sort out the problems between you two.. Else, After attending the party, you can slowly cut off her friendship if you are not interested. But dont avoid her if she is really not mean, why i am saying like this is some ppl will have situations to react in a particular manner. .
    General choice : If you are least interested, you can totally avoid her and carry on with your work..

1 person likes this.
  2. getstrngth

getstrngth Gold IL'ite

Don't trust her!!! She is not truthful... Even as a friend she is not worth your time

1 person likes this.
  3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Well, looks like:

A: Whenever she needs she knocks at your door, whatever help she needs she easily extracts from you...
    B: She throws way more parties than people usually do.
    C: Finally, you've been invited to one of the many parties.

Case A cannot happen without your permission and cooperation.

For B, if I am not invited, I would park myself outside my apartment, smile brightly and cheerily say Hi :wave: to mutual friends going to her apartment.

For C, if she finally invites me to a party, I would say, 'Sorry, I cannot make it", and offer no reasons. I would park myself outside my apartment and repeat actions for case B(smile, say hi to mutual friends going to her apt.)

:)

I would seriously do the above. And my DH would seriously dissuade and prevent me from doing the same. :)

3 people like this.
  4. DURGARAJ

DURGARAJ Silver IL'ite

Yeah like everybody said, she is just using you.Better don't go to the party and next day when anybody asks about the party, then you can say that you were never invited earlier and know that she made lot of stories after using you. No worry you are not going to loose anything especially if there are people like this.

1 person likes this.
  5. shobana sridhar

shobana sridhar Silver IL'ite

if i were you i would go to the party and mingle with friends. i am sure at least one will ask that he or she is happy that you r attending you tell them that you r happy to be invited this time .It will put your mind at rest that you have made atleast one common person known that this is the first time you were invited and then about helping it is entirely left to you to go ahead and help
    love
    shoba

2 people like this.
  6. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

:thumbsup Can I pinch you? :)

2 people like this.
  7. sweety127

sweety127 Gold IL'ite

Hey all! Thanks for your fb's and suggestions:)

Let me tell you all what actually happened...

I went home in the evening and made up my mind not to go to her place. But to my surprise even before I unlocked my door, she came running and asked with a broad smile whether I checlked the mail or wat..I told yes blankly and said nothing..She was like you ll be coming right?? I told no with a smile adding that I already ve some work to do and that you can carry on...I expected her to run off but she started persuading me saying its a get together blah blah blah....I strictly told no no whatever it is but she was adamant and even started begging holding my hands..I was clueless and had to yield to her:( No other go:( At night she sent one of my colleagues to pick me up...I just went in and casually told that its gonna rain definitely today for X had given me a v rude surprise of inviting me today...So wats up?? anything so special?? for which X had no get back and again gave that smile...She treated me too welll...Man it was a shock to me...What the hell was going on in her mind??? I was not even allowed to lift my plate from the table...Anyways I thanked for it and came home...

I came home and casually introspected what happened. I dont ve answer for this The strange metality of ppl...Each of my colleagues were butteryfying her like hell...home made food better than mom's food etc etc ....Now I got the point thats why she throws so many parties at her own expenses for nothing...I though to myself Clever colleagues hah!

Buttering ppl, throwing away my self respect,.....not my cup of tea

P.S. : I saw her the next day and the same old story happened 1ce again...I smiled to myself and walked away...strangeeeeeeee

8. sweety127

sweety127 Gold IL'ite

@ Lakshmi satish

I seldom expect anything from her nor do I ve the necessity to do that...A rationale human being always helps ppl in distress...I did the same...I know to show my attitude whenever it is needed....Since she did nothing straight forward I did not want to hurt her unnecessarily...thats y I was confused when she invited me all of a sudden...

@ falgunid

Picking up the dinner plates I would ve rather thrown it on them:) lol ...As I already told I was treated like some VIP man...Strangest of strange behaviourism of ppl:)

@ Rihanna

Good one man...I tried doing case C of yours....But to my dismay the reverse happened I never expected her to behave dat humble way...Infact we had a good chat and situation was lighter than expected...Coming to case 1 I dont mind helping ppl but such sort of indifferent indirect attitude does'nt entertain me:)

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  9. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

Either she wanted to show people that she does invite you but you never show up for the parties

Or

She is gonna ask for some favor real soon (this gets my vote).

2 people like this.
  10. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

Yes she is going to take your help soon...watch out!

1 person likes this.