1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Urgent: How to handle this situation

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by sweety127, Sep 13, 2012.

1. sweety127

sweety127 Gold IL'ite

Hi ppl,

I ve got a sort of v irritating situation and thought of asking suggestion from you ppl.

Here it goes. I ve a colleague X (female) who is in the same task group as mine. She never talks to me in public, never smiles at me even if I try doing so. But when alone she used to talk to me. I initially did not understand this and I was always sweet to her. Now adays we are made to sit in the same place and she hardly looks at me. She has her group of friends with whom she hangs out. She was in search of a home and approached me. I helped her a lot and got her a home too in my appratment (infact she lives next door). She used to invite ppl for party etc etc but I am just a wall away and she had never invited me even once. When others come and ask me why didnt you come inspite of she inviting you I was shocked. She had lied to ppl that she invited me too. And whenever some plan for an outing they used to ask her to inform me but she never does and one fine day the common friend told that she asked that X person to call me but X has told that am not in home...But I was in my home only.

Recently she got married 3 months back and she invited ppl to her home for party, reception etc etc but I was not invited for any...Nor did she even introduce her spouse to me...But whenever she needs she knocks at my door, whatever help she needs she easily extracts from me...Of late all ppl who were talking to me also started restricting themselves...

Now suddenly she had called me over for dinner @ home along with her other friends through mail (Even during my B'day this yr, she never wishes me in person. I ll sitting next to her and still she sent me a blank mail saying HAppy B'day)..Iam not able to judge this person...Since she is not doing anything openly....I actually dont want to go for dinner today...How to avoid her subtly? What are your suggestions? Should I go??

2. abhay11seetha

abhay11seetha New IL'ite

I think you should go...now is your chance to break the trend...go and talk openly with the rest of the guests..

1 person likes this.
  3. mynameisluca

mynameisluca New IL'ite

oh my. ... she looks like one mean mean person!
    Why dont u sit & have an honest conversation with her regarding this?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
    2 people like this.
  4. sumaramesh

sumaramesh New IL'ite

HI Sweety

Avoid this mean person... Is there less people in world to make friends other than this mean person..

3 people like this.
  5. anjananathan

anjananathan Platinum IL'ite

yeah i would agree with last post.. ignore her and dont go..
    if she really cares for you, she would ask you the reason and then you can discuss with her..

2 people like this.
  6. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

Avoid her. She is obviously using you. Don't bother to help her in future.

2 people like this.
  7. maroon

maroon Gold IL'ite

I guess you should go this one time so you are not branded by others as unfriendly.
    But be forewarned that you may or may not like the way she receives/treats you there. Still go with an open mind and lets see. You can always decide to avoid her in future based on how it goes today.

1 person likes this.
  8. RamyaST

RamyaST Silver IL'ite

Hi Sweety,

I wld say this is a good chance to go n knw abt her. Also u ll cm to knw whether she had invited u to get some favour(or purposefully) or really she invited u. Since u say she lives next door, atleast juz for name sake u can go n cm.. If u r comfortable u can stay long else u can leave a smile cm back saying u ve urgent work.. nothing costs right :)

Ramya :)

1 person likes this.
  9. sasirekamsc83

sasirekamsc83 Silver IL'ite

Avoid her totally. If she asks any help from you furthur, dont hesitate to say "NO". From your post its very clear that she had used you whenever she wants. As well as she lied to your common friends about you. But doesnt want to maintain friendship. What a mentality...

2 people like this.
  10. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

be mean to her.

1 person likes this.