urgent help! my mangalsutra chain got unhooked

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by lavii, Apr 30, 2010.

1. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Lavii, priority #1.. baby kicks and nothing else should matter to you.
    Tell your DH, my neck and monitor got bored of this chain I need a replacement :thumbsup............... and you better buy a thicker one that doesn't break ever cos am not leaving you in any case.

2. Manaswini08

Manaswini08 Bronze IL'ite

you marriage does not have anything to do with a piece of jewellry. instead it totally depends on your love and trust that you share with your spouse. Please don't think that just be wearing a ring or mangalsutra that your marriage will be intact. what keeps it together is how you treat each other.

please don't worry.

3. winvalli

winvalli New IL'ite

Hi priya,

same thing happened to me last month. but i realized that only after reaching home. I don't know when it was unhooked.
    I have to replace that with another one. since its in working days i cant purchase. I wore only black beats chain till i replaced that one.

I asked the same thing with my mother and friend they said it is OK. you can where either for time being.

Be cool.

-Valli :)

4. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

priya mommy you guess it right..simha ne ..he said its good .my dh is a movie freak movie realese avuthe 1st day vellalsinde..
    cindhu dear ya much relaxed than morning now
    wow shilpaama thats a gud idea leme ask him and see his reaction(look at the poor chain exactly it broke when next day is salary day)
    manaswini ya i understand i am not that senti usually but morn i was so scared and had to post this.
    valli ya gud to know your mom said it shoudl be fine..ya i belive it should be :)
    thank you all ladies for taking time to reply

5. Manaswini08

Manaswini08 Bronze IL'ite

Lavi,

that's ok....sometimes we tend to worry too much. Relax dear. you can get it fixed. Just tell your husband that it was God's way of telling you that you need a new chain...LOL

6. sujavinay

sujavinay Senior IL'ite

congrags,
    u have got a very good husband just like mine who does not fuss over such things dear.

senti it may sound but when this happened to me i was quiet upset.
    my mom told me to pray to guruvayur to give sugar candy equal to the weight of my husband as offering to the god.
    i felt quiet peaceful after the offering was given.

try any offering if u feel like, to any god.:)

7. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

Manaswini
    ya will make sure ask him for a new one and see his face..i love to look at the face when he cant say NO :rotfl
    suja will defnitely do something similar to relax my mind thank you

8. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Lavii, Just relax.You should be cool now.This is just a simple thing which happens to any jewellery and we wear mangalsutra everyday.So it is bound to happen.There are people who wear mangalsutra only for functions.Don't get tensed and ask your hubby to get a "better" chain.:rotflListen to good music and enjoy these moments of pregnancy.

9. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

bhuvindi
    thanks for replying
    ya got it fixed yesterday :thumbsup

10. kvnalini

kvnalini Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    Don't worry. Understand that the relationship doesn't depend on a piece of gold. Its just a material & all materials do get wornout. Take it easy.
    Nalini.

Last edited: May 3, 2010