Upper abdomen ache at one point post delivery

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by AnithaPartha, Apr 15, 2014.

1. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Hello Ladies,

I delivered my baby boy vaginally on April 10th and for the past 2 days since am getting pain at one point(left side) in upper abdomen. Sometimes, pain comes on it own but sometimes when I touch that spot, I can feel pain and it is hard. Other parts of ab are so soft.

I'm passing my bowel movements daily and everything is okay but not sure about this pain.

During labor, I struggled a lot for pushing my baby (he was 8 lbs) and can this pain could be because of pushing am not sure.

Anyone had this problem post delivery?

Another problem am facing currently is swollen feet. My foot never swelled this much during pregnancy but post delivery it is swelled. Is this normal?

Please let me know.

2. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

Hi Anitha

regarding swollen feet it should go in one or two weeks.
    I had swollen feet very much I could not even walk. I drank loads of water and it went away in a week.

1 person likes this.
  3. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Anitha,

For the feet , drink lots of water and reduce the salt intake. It will go away soon. Immersing your feet in a tub of hot water with rock salt may give some relief.

Pain in the abdomen is more likely due to the strain involved while pushing the baby. I vaguely remember I had this too. But I went away in a few days.. Try to lie down and take rest as much as possible. Also this is a reminder for you to nutritious food every 2 hours and help your exhausted body.

Hope someone is there to help with the baby1 and other stuff.. If these things still persist after 1 week or so, consult your doc

1 person likes this.
  4. april1981

april1981 Gold IL'ite

Hi even I had swollen feet while in hospital. Once I came back home and started walking it went on its own. May be it was due to sitting in one place all the time. I never had swollen feet during pregnancy