1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Until We Meet Again…!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by AbhiSing, Feb 26, 2010.

1. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

dear srini

Your FB is very unique and consoling in your own way. Thank you.

Oh Gowri is moving to India ! I can understand the feeling. This month I feel very low since another friend also moved to India for good.

Suda and I are yet to make plans for keeping in touch but since the time difference is only 2 hours, I hope we will be able to do without any glitches. God willing!

Thank you dear Srini for the nice FB!

2. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear Sri Sir

Thanks a lot for being here.
    Yes I read Nat's poen too about the other part.

And thanks for the words from Longfellow. It was quiet sorrowful to imagine the scenes brought by him. A void is left each time a friend parts which cannot be replaced by another friend. Each person /friend is unique in their own way and our feelings are different from friend to friend.

That Kannadasan song is my amma's favourite. I have seen her eyes filling when she sings along the lines.
    I love the lines: "entha ooril entha naatil enru kaanbomo?!" and this song used to be played in all the farewells in colleges. I dont know about the current youths:rotfl

I am honoured by your kind and encouraging FB sir! Thank you!

3. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear Radhika

Very nice to see you here.

Sometimes it is too difficult to keep in touch although I try my best to keep the contact alive. I have lost touch and then regained many friends too.

If you move to many places then I guess you will have loads of friends from all walks of life.

Nice to know that you make friend easily! Hello friend:hiya

Thanks Radhika for the lovely FB!

4. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

A true friendship is something devine. I too have lots of friends. My parents always gave priority to friendship. After marriage I lived in a township with huge society that I am having so many friends. So I can understand your feelings to give farewell to a close friend. But world is round so you can meet her again.

ganges

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Very touching write up. Its very sad when a friend goes far away from us but now there are many ways of keeping in touch.
    Wish you and Sudha happy friendship and hope your friendship continues for a long time.

Friends are special as in this busy world its refreshing to find them having time to be kind. Close friends are those whotake time to think of other people's needs and warm so many hearts with gentle words and thoughtful deeds. They are someone who are very glad to share, glad to help, give and care, they add something very special to the world.

I have always had good friends from childhood, in school, in office and now in IL.

A good write up which reminded me of my good friends.

love
    viji

6. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Vijee,

This has come during the most appropriate time when I am totally confused. What you say is very right..I value friendships a lot and have friends till now who were my playmates during my younger days. Touch wood..the friendship is going strong. I go out of the way to help my friends a lot. As a family too my parents were very liberal and never stopped us from having friends from the opposite sex.

Now after marriage here my inlaws do not have a wide circle of friends hence they just cannot appreciate our nature. I too feel little hesitant to to continue my earlier friendship with the opposite sex though they mean a lot to me. They too have sensed my predicament and have stopped visiting me nor calling me. But given a chance I would love to be with them again....these are the people in whose company I can relax and let my hair down. The loser is none else but myself..I feel so guilty.

Sometimes I do fume that why cannot people accept a Man and Woman relationship as just friends is my million dollar question. I still miss all of them so much in my life...they would have defintely added more flavour to my existence.

Thanks a lot vijee you helped me to unburden myself...

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  7. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Vijee...

How are you ? Very well could understand your feelings...dear.

I too have the same feeling..... even though myself and Bhargavi are miles apart. At least once in a day we used to chat for a while !! Even though it will be for 5-10mins... still :((( Will be missing a lot !

Just want to prove this pharse :

Heart to Heart... though miles apart,
    My love to her(Bhargavi) will never depart !

Sure will be in touch with her forever. Lots of love and regards to her.

8. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear Ganges (what a powerful ID!)

Thank you for sharing about your friends. Yes the world is round...hopefully I get to meet her again.

Thank you for your FB dear Ganges.

9. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear Viji amma

Long Time! Thank you for the wishes.
    Yes some people in our life are so special and play a very special part knowingly or unknowingly. Happy to know that you thought about your friends.

Thank you fot the FB dear Viji amma.

10. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear Dear LS

Hugs to you.Some questions are best left without querying further. May be we change the world better for our kids...that is in our hands since we cannot go and change the society.

Dont feel guilty. It is not your fault. It is the circumstance. Do you believe, I was tied with domestic chores on Sunday, that I did not even get to say bye to Sudha persnally when she left Singapore. I felt so sad yet this is life and I am learning to let go the bitter feelings/guilt. If not it will eat us alive.

And thanks to you...I have unburdened myself too.