1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Uninvited visitor

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Finally, much needed four day break arrived to recall all the people I need to thank in my life. Thursday, morning, I woke up with a head ache, chest and shoulder pain with my blood pressure very high. I knew it makes no sense to even attempt to contact a physician during this long weekend and I pretty much decided to rest at home. As the days progressed, I became worse and finally Monday evening I reached a stage when I felt too tired even to converse with my wife who is back in India. I called up to fix an appointment with my family physician on Tuesday morning. As soon as I described the symptoms to her, she right away asked me to go to a hospital and get admitted and promised me that she would make all arrangements and call me back. I drove back home and decided to take it easy. My son left for the University early morning to attend classes and hence there was no one to take me to the hospital. I neither like emergency departments in the hospital nor 911 operators. Hence I decided to call a friend to take me to the hospital. I also called the babysitter to take care of my puppy Orion.

Much in confirmation of my expectations, the emergency department took 3 hours to get me admitted and I was sitting outside in the lobby during that time. However, they were checking my vitals regularly to make sure nothing alarming is taking place. Finally, I was admitted into the emergency department and kept me in a heart monitoring system. 2 hours later, thanks to wonderful coordination by my family physician, they admitted me into the hospital for overnight stay. Cardiologist she organized for me visited eventually in the evening to let me know that he was going to do catheterization next day. The emergency department told me not to eat anything until the Cardiologist agreed to it. Luckily, the very same friend who admitted me into the hospital, brought some home-made food later that night. My son rushed from the University as soon as he heard my voice mail and stayed with me throughout my stay in the hospital. My wife panicked and not only called me number of times but also was getting ready to leave for the US. I told her to take it easy until the report comes after catheterization. The hospital staff gave me a DVD player and asked me to review information about the procedure. After I finished reviewing, they told me to execute a consent form giving them permission to perform the procedure.

The next day at 7:15 a.m. the hospital staff wheeled me into a gigantic room. They gave me a shot to make sure I didn’t feel the pain during the procedure. There was a huge TV panel for me to watch the procedure. I could see the hole being made into my thigh and the thin tube being inserted into my arteries and heart. Then they injected a dye into the tube to watch whether there was a block. They could not find anything and therefore, finished the procedure in 50 minutes including preparatory time. At the end, the cardiologist told me that you have a heart and arteries that look like freshly made for a baby. I smiled ear to ear after hearing that. The asked me to be in bed without moving my leg for 4 hours. That was really painful but somehow I managed it. Later they discharged me in the evening and I came back home.

I know God of death decided to knock at my door. Even though I did not have a heart to welcome and make him seated in my drawing room like Cheeniya Sir did, at least I had a strong heart to withstand all his gimmicks and watch everything with no fear whatsoever. My son told his mom that he could not comprehend how I handled the whole situation so calmly and had the strength to snap out of my bad health. But reality struck after I returned home that I could go in a heartbeat and therefore, I should stay connected with all my friends and enjoy life when I can. One of the IL members who matters the most to many IL members and myself sent a wonderful message to let me know how much she enjoys reading my posts making me feel worthy leading a longer life. I still don’t know what caused my health issues for 4-5 days but I don’t have any issues now. The doctors only investigated me for a heart-attack and they were happy when my heart and arteries were healthy, but the visitor knew why he came and left abruptly. May be he is afraid of fearless people and decided to postpone his decision to take me on a buffalo ride with a noose around my neck.

16 people like this.

2. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Glad your health is ok sir.

3. veeramachaneni

veeramachaneni Platinum IL'ite

Glad to know tat everything is good. Take care.

4. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

All I can say after reading this is, take care dear Viswa. You are more needed to others than to yourself at this time. And that shows your value and your compassion too.

God of death has eternal patience and can extend that to you. I'll pray for that. Its not that he should never touch you, but not now or in the near future ['near' is a relative word and to me, its not less than 15 or more years].

Kudos to the way you handled it. -rgs

1 person likes this.
  5. swathiiyer

swathiiyer Silver IL'ite

Hello Sir

Glad to know you are ok now... May god bless you with good health... Take care

6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

That, I am sure was a scare to everyone around you and now to those of us who read this. Many of us get our wake up calls sometimes and it is good if we can recognize it as such. Am glad that the visitor decided to make him scarce and pray he decides to stay out of sight for a long time to come.

Please take a lot of rest and is it time you decided to go a bit easy on life and work? Just a guess since I don't know much about what you do. Wish you a speedy recovery.

2 people like this.
  7. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viswamitra,

I am glad that you are o.k now and cardiologist has cleared that everything is all right.

Death must have thought..."This man is needed by many people to explain the purpose and realities of life. Let me not disturb all those people" and bid you bye.

This reminds me of what Cheeniya sir said sometime back in a reply to my FB. In the middle of busy "Life" sometimes we have to think of things like death (which is going to knock us at some point) and mystics do that job of reminding us. Sometimes death itself makes a fleeting visit but goes back saying "not now, enjoy life" as in your case.

Take care of yourself. We do become strong when that is the only option left. That is the reason for your calmness and handling the situation in a cool way.

Relax for sometime and do not stress yourself too much.
    Wishing you good health so that you can enlighten us with more blogs (I am learning so many things from you) for many more years.

Syamala

1 person likes this.
  8. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

glad that there was nothing abnormal, but honestly, the symptoms you described warrant immediate medical attention. one should never wait so long to visit emergency department.

9. Angellic

Angellic IL Hall of Fame

Vishwa sir, glad that u r alright...This post reminded me those painful moments which we faced when my dad was admitted in the hospital with same health issue...Take care of ur health...

"Om Namo Bhagavate Maha Sudharshana
    Vasudevaya Dhanvantaraye;
    Amrutha Kalasa Hasthaaya
    Sarva Bhaya Vinasaya
    Sarva Roka Nivaranaya
    Thri Lokya Pathaye
    Thri Lokya Nithaye
    Sri Maha Vishnu Swarupa
    Sri Dhanvantri Swarupa
    Sri Sri Sri
    Aoushata Chakra Narayana Swaha"

this shloka (for Lord Dhanvantari ~ God of Ayurvedic medicine ) helped my dad alot...Hope it helps u too to bring ur health back to normalcy...my prayers for that :)

1 person likes this.
  10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vishwa,

You cannot go till i and other i lites give u permission, which may take many decades in coming, so relax my friend, just relax, we need u more here on this earth.

You took all this calmly, that is so good to know. And i agree with u there, what is the need to alarm everyone else. good u told r wife to stay put in india, though she was worried.And good of yr friend to take u to hospital, for these days, who has the time or the inclination.

Take care and rest my friend, yes yama is afraid of people like u, who do not fear him at all.God bless u always, and yr family, kleep writing, we wait for yr blogs eagerly.

Regards

kamal

3 people like this.