1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Unconditional. Really?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, May 31, 2017.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda Finest Post Winner

Thanks stayblessed. :)

2. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

:) really I don't know the answer for your question that's why I said I have been getting knowledge from you and some other Ilites here. Thank you for sharing your views/thoughts with us.

satchitananda likes this.
  3. satchitananda

Thanks Misst. I too am trying to process all the information that I've had the occasion to gather over the years. :) So far I have heard, accepted and got on with life. Now going through a phase when a lot of questions are arising.

Mistt likes this.
  4. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

THINGS MOVE MORE SMOOTHLY WHEN SELF-INTEREST IS AT PLAY.a COMPANY LAVISHES ITS PERKS ON STAFFERS BECAUSE THEY WANT TO KEEP THEM AWAY FROM POACHING RIVALS. a SOCIETY WHERE PEOPLE ARE NOT BOTHERED ABOUT THEIR OWN INTEREST WILL FALL INTO ANARCHY. BECAUSE PEOPLE KNOW IT IS IN THEIR INTEREST AND SAFETY TO LIVE AS AN ORDERLY SOCIETY.

5. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dearest Satchi
    Beautiful snippet to start the day. It surely woke me up and my thoughts are racing to justify it is possible for a learnt , matured person to unconditionally love and give. However, it is complicated for me. My philosphy in day to day life is I will help as long as it doesn't affect my duty towards husband , kids and our life's. If it is financial help, surely then I need my husband's approval. In this way , I am being selfish by thinking my family first. But that is my capacity at the moment. Thank you for the lovely thought.
    Vani

6. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear satchi,

After my marriage, throughput the years, I had to deal with a string of Servant maids who slogged for years for a paltry sum of money I paid. When I look back at it, I feel, more than my financial help it was an emotional connect which helped me in strengthening the fragile bonds. I had no personal motive or gain in all my dealings with all those people I have come in contact so far. So I do not know to which category I belong! It is a wonder how you people come out with such powerful writings which makes readers get out of their comfort zone and tackle some hard core questions - quite a challenge!
    Agatha83

7. cha1

cha1 Junior IL'ite

Loved your writeup....
    Being born as a human being it is almost near to impossible to help without expecting something in return..it might even be the non materialistic "feel good" factor as well...

8. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Saatchi,
    Complete Nishkamakarma is not possible according to me. Of course parents' love is a different thing.
    It is something like a mathematical formula. When we do something for others we do have expectations.....barter system. Even if it is a donation or not expecting anything in return , we do it for our own satisfaction or happiness. Even that is conditional.
    It is o.k what we do is for conditional aim. Nothing wrong with it.
    Syamala

9. satchitananda

That is precisely the problem. Too much of self-interest at heart to the extent that we don't bother to help an injured person get to a hospital. This is probably the kind of situation for which 'nishkamya karma' is advocated. However, my point is, even if one does the deed without ostensibly expecting any monetary return or public recognition, there is at least the minimum expectation of being acknowledged by someone upstairs or of feeling a happy, warm glow inside .

10. satchitananda

Thanks so much Vani. We all think of our family first. Even that is because our family's well being affects our own physical, financial, mental and emotional well being. :) The majority of us have a long way to go before we really do a deed without any expections - I am even wondering what that means! Nothing wrong with protecting our own interests or feeling happy or satisfied when we do something just for the pleasure of seeing someone happy. Just that I wonder what 'nishkamya karma' means and whether it actually exists.