1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Unbelievable!! My Fate!!!

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by anika987, Nov 1, 2016.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

You might have come across my thread about an ex friend and how I finally got out of that friendship...
    In a nutshell,I had a tough time with the ex friend and finally got out of it..

Now,My kid goes to preschool and I saw a lady whose LO goes to the same class as my kid.how I know her?ex friend once had showed me some of her friend's pics in fb.Anyways,the moment I saw her,she went cold.she never even looks at me and if our eyes meet and I try to give a friendly smile,she turns off her face...so I realized my ex would have shown pics of mine and could have said something about me.

Today we had a Halloween parade in school and many parents came and most were our Indian ladies.5 or six of them grouped together and started talking so friendly.One of them I know a little bit and she told that they were all on the same community!!!! Then the lady who gave me cold COBE's Lao joined them and it seems even she is from the same community.

I was standing alone coz I knew no one and was trying to get friendly.After a while,one by one all the ladies turns and started looking at me and gave me stares..one or two started giggling.The lady who was a friend to my ex had looked at me and said something.again the stares started..

Gosh!!all of them are moms to my kids preschool classmates and most probably will end up in the same school!!!I can't believe my fate!what are the chances in this world that all my kids classmates moms will
    Be friends/neighbors To my ex friend!!!how often it happens...

Just when I thought life was getting better??how often will one meet other parents!!oh my..

2. pinkRoseBud

pinkRoseBud Gold IL'ite

Is there any chance that they were looking at you thinking why aren't you joining them.

I understand your fears. But trust me it's not good to keep them in your mind. Tell yourself that it is going to be fun when they all end up in same middle school and make efforts to talk to them.

Keep any negative feeling that you get at the bay, just nip in the bud. In 5-6 people at least one lady will be sweet enough to talk to you, you don't want them to think that you don't like them.

Good luck

anika987 likes this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Hope I don't get to meet them too often..

4. lalsang123

lalsang123 Bronze IL'ite

When next time there is a gathering like this then try to say a "Hi" along with a smile.. May be some people may reciprocate to this with a smile and may also wave their hands.. Then you can start your conversation with those people.. Those people may also pull in some more people and finally you may also have a group..

anika987 likes this.
  5. dnormx01

dnormx01 Gold IL'ite

Generally the kids themselves make friends and parents have to befriend that kids' parents. So Don't worry, you will soon have a circle at the school too. Whatever the past with anyone in common, they cannot tell the child not to be friends with yours and they cannot be away from speaking to you.

Along with this, i have seen a general tendency of adults to respond to toffees and sweets more than the kids:p
    If there is any special occasion coming up (I know Diwali and halloween are done, but some such social occasion in the near ) Go to pick your kid up and share toffees with the parents. trust me you will make at least 2 friends a half a dozen people will come and pick the toffee :D . From my own experience.

Food is not just a way to the man's heart, to every person's mind too ;)

curiousgals78 and anika987 like this.
  6. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

@anika987

You may delete my post or chose to ignore. But let me be honest, as my intention is to support you here.
    No more sugar coating please!

Do you think it is common among the educated ladies, living in the US to react as cold as you have explained for a simple, silly matter?

- You had a problem with your ex-friend. It is not not even a controversial matter for the audience. Just a break up between two friends.
    - Now, one of her FB friend happened to meet you in a School. Suppose she may not have noticed, or not have recognized you. It is possible.
    It could be your imagination due to your low self esteem that she is reacting cold, for the reasons that you are no longer friend with her friend.
    Why low self esteem? I may not have any direct answers to this. But looking at your posts and the issues you share in common, it is pretty much clear that you lack people's skill. And more importantly, you are at loss of self confidence. You apparently find it very difficult to make new friends or keep your old friends.
    Remember that you were bullied very badly before. Perhaps, that's what making it difficult for you to go forward.
    This is something you must work on. The fear, the uncertainty, the suspicion are all bringing down your confidence level.

You indeed started mingling with this new group, but the moment the other one joined, you withdrew yourself from the group. Perhaps, that's why they all were wondering why aren't you joining them.

sindmani and blackbeauty84 like this.
  7. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

SBGV,the other lady is my ex very close friend.she had showed me many pics of her..and I did not withdrew from them.they entered and started chatting and trust me they were all from the same community and friends to my ex..

No am sure am not imagining.The other lady was very nice to the ladies but she just started and ignored/gave me cold vibes.even when I tried to look at her and smile,infact did it many times when I dropped my kid.I have even waved to her and she ignores.once that was embarrassing.I realised my ex friend could have showed my pic to her just like she had shown hers to me.

My annoyance is so many kids are going to be my child's classmates from that x friend's neighborhood and many are her very good buddies.How often does this happen though?
    You are right that due to my past bullying am not able to
    Face things the right way but am 100 percent sure about th vibes and reactions the ex friends friend is giving me

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  8. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

Anika, read about mommies cliques and dealing with cliques on internet. That will explain the behavior of those ladies. whatever you experienced, it sounds very childish in grown up world but sadly its happen as some people refuse to grow up.

Vaikuntha, anika987 and Sparkle like this.
  9. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

dont take them that seriously, just do hello, and ask what is their kid name etc small talk and enjoy your time, for what you are there for, i.e. for your kid, cheer for her,

if get a chance to be with your kid, ask her who are her friends. where is her bathroom, where do you nap, if you know also ask and make your kid feel great that mommy is here, asking/showing interest in my school. talk to teachers, you say thank you for making parents part of it, you enjoying it,

if anybody ignores not a big deal, it could be jealously (as u said nice body, u go gym and great H, u have everything going great) or they may not think they are your type of person, it is ok, all can't get along well with all. you feel calm and sit one chair and do just nothing. just sit. enjoy the calm time and if all are doing something like serving lunch ask teacher if you can help or just help with that chore.

main thing, reacting to their actions. don't do that. say hi, happy Halloween, how is your kid doing etc according to the occasion and leave it at that. if conversation goes automatically that is fine, if not, you don't need to talk all the time, be there in group as a listener or just stand there, you don't even need to listen, focus on your daughter, why to give importance to what they think.

you are there as a parent and teachers want parents enjoy that moment, we rarely get a chance to go and see what our kids are doing in classroom, put focus on that. how much she is enjoying see and make memories of it. Instead you are worried about how often I have to face these people, who cares about them, you are going for your daughter and your daughter feels great seeing you there, that is what matters.

It is important to be in "talking terms" with your kids friends parents, for the sake of your child.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
    sindmani, anika987 and coolgal123 like this.
  10. whistle

whistle Silver IL'ite

@anika987
    next time you run into one of these people, walk up to them, smile, put your hand out and say ' hi!, i am anika, and you are...?'

you are not a criminal that people will avoid you at all costs irrespective of what others have said about you to them

come and tell us what they said.

also, in the previous thread i responded to you, i asked you to take a few steps. did you? if you don't take it proactively and keep reacting, you will be running into these same issues. #takethestep#

anika987 likes this.